Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ReadyNAS Duo V2 ( ARM)
16-03-2012, 22:55
ReadyNAS Duo V2 ( ARM)
Hi there.

Can you please tell me how to install Minimserver onto my NAS. I am a computer beginner and would appreciate a step by step. My home PC is a MAC. Can I view my albums on my iPad from my NAS is there a library etc.. Sorry to be a Pillock, but I am very new to this. I have a number of files on my NAS saved in .flac, and at the moment I'm playing them with a Cambridge Audio NP30, using stream magic app

hope you can help

Many thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2012, 13:53
RE: ReadyNAS Duo V2 ( ARM)
(16-03-2012 22:55)kluson Wrote:  Hi there.

Can you please tell me how to install Minimserver onto my NAS. I am a computer beginner and would appreciate a step by step. My home PC is a MAC. Can I view my albums on my iPad from my NAS is there a library etc.. Sorry to be a Pillock, but I am very new to this. I have a number of files on my NAS saved in .flac, and at the moment I'm playing them with a Cambridge Audio NP30, using stream magic app

hope you can help

Many thanks

It should be possible to do this by following the Linux installation instructions on the MinimServer website. This requires some familiarity with Linux, and I wouldn't recommend it for a computer beginner.

The only realistic way to make this possible for someone in your situation would be to create a Netgear add-on for MinimServer (see this page for other examples). The process of doing this would be fairly similar to what I've been doing recently for the QNAP QPKG, but this would be a different package that only works with Netgear. To do this, I'd need to have access to a Netgear NAS (which I don't) and I'd need to find time to develop this and then maintain two separate add-on packages for QNAP and Netgear (which would be difficult at the moment).

The other possibility would be for someone who's familiar with Netgear add-ons and has a Netgear NAS to volunteer to do the work to create and maintain a MinimServer add-on for Netgear. I'm open to any offers! Smile

Simon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply