Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Naim Server
02-12-2016, 13:26
Adding Naim Server
If I simply install MinimServer on my labtop with my music, can I install NaimServer on my iphone and use it to control the music library from my computer to my Mu So?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 18:20
RE: Adding Naim Server
The app is called Naim (not NaimServer) and this should work.
02-12-2016, 18:57 (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 18:59 by freerich.)
Does the Minim server interface allow u to play your storied music in a random fashion? One that would include all your music?
02-12-2016, 18:59
Does the Minim serve interface allow u to play your storied music in a random fashion? One that would include all your music?
02-12-2016, 19:12
I think this is not a feature of the server but of the control point (e.g. your naim app) that has to support this. Unfortunately the naim app does not offer such a random track selection. You can only build up your playlist and set the random playback for these tracks.

The BubbleUPnP app for android does support a random track search. The UPnP-server has to support this feature by supporting UPnP-search. Minimserver does offer this support. So you can use the BubbleUPnP app to select some random tracks and play them on your muso.

You have to try how reliable this works. The BubbleUPnP app nees a good working connection to the muso because it has to check for track changes. If one track ends it has to tell the muso which track it has to play next. If you enable gapless playback in the BubbleUPnP this works gapless, too. The problem is that the current playlist is not managed on your muso when using the Bubble app. This can only be done by using the naim app. (Unfortunately naim does not support the openhome standard that would enable the bubble app to manage the playlist inside of the muso.)

But there is a workaround for this. You could install the BubbleUPnP-Server(! not app!) on your PC or on a NAS. This will offer a second way to connect to your muso that supports the openhome standard. So the bubble app can manage the playlist inside of the bubble server. Even if your mobile device that is running the bubble upp goes offline, the bubble server still can tell your muso what to play.
02-12-2016, 20:00
(02-12-2016 19:12)tarnkappe Wrote:  I think this is not a feature of the server but of the control point (e.g. your naim app) that has to support this. Unfortunately the naim app does not offer such a random track selection. You can only build up your playlist and set the random playback for these tracks.

The BubbleUPnP app for android does support a random track search. The UPnP-server has to support this feature by supporting UPnP-search. Minimserver does offer this support. So you can use the BubbleUPnP app to select some random tracks and play them on your muso.

You have to try how reliable this works. The BubbleUPnP app nees a good working connection to the muso because it has to check for track changes. If one track ends it has to tell the muso which track it has to play next. If you enable gapless playback in the BubbleUPnP this works gapless, too. The problem is that the current playlist is not managed on your muso when using the Bubble app. This can only be done by using the naim app. (Unfortunately naim does not support the openhome standard that would enable the bubble app to manage the playlist inside of the muso.)

But there is a workaround for this. You could install the BubbleUPnP-Server(! not app!) on your PC or on a NAS. This will offer a second way to connect to your muso that supports the openhome standard. So the bubble app can manage the playlist inside of the bubble server. Even if your mobile device that is running the bubble upp goes offline, the bubble server still can tell your muso what to play.

I think I uderstand. Having the app on my lab top is cool because if I set for random playback there is no need for the iPhone app. I am connecting my MuSo to my labtop thru my router using Ethernet cable. Will that work?
10-12-2016, 17:50
Which app do you want to install on your laptop? If you mean the naim app, you will need an android emulator to run the android naim app on your pc/laptop. I think this should work.