Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netgear UltraNAS
05-03-2013, 10:16
RE: Netgear UltraNAS
(04-03-2013 23:25)DJ1972 Wrote:  What do you mean xxx albums?
From the top-level menu I press Artist -> Albums and there are albums in alphabetical order but I would like to be listed by the date of release.

The first choice on every menu is marked something like "1234 albums" where the number will be different from 1234 on your system. This is what I mean by "xxx albums". After selecting an artist, did you use this choice to get the list of albums?

If you did use this choice, you can change the order of the list by doing the following:

1) From the minim icon, select Properties

2) In the Properties page, type into the entry field named albumSortTags the value:

Date, Artist, Album

3) Press OK to accept this change

4) From the minim icon, select Restart

5) After MinimServer has restarted, your albums will be sorted by date instead of alphabetically
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 20:15
Wow, it works. Thank you very much!
17-03-2013, 10:24 (This post was last modified: 17-03-2013 10:50 by Acalex.)
I am having problem to install the JAVA on the readyNas Ultra.
I have followed all instructions but when I install the launcher I do not get any message in the front view saying that the JAVA has been installed. Not error message either...it just does not show anything

I have tried to leave it for quite some time but nothing...is there anything I can do to debug this situation? I am using both Mac and Windows system...tried first with MAC and had the same problem...

EDIT: I have been searching the logs and apparently the JAVA has been correctly installed

Sun Mar 17 10:20:30 CET 2013 The EJRE Installer add-on has been successfully installed.
EDIT2. This time everything was installed properly even if it didn't appear straight away i the list of available add-ons. I had to re-log into the readynas frontview to see it.

How do you reload the library when making a change? Through MiniWatch "Restart" option?

Thanks
17-03-2013, 12:35
(17-03-2013 10:24)Acalex Wrote:  I am having problem to install the JAVA on the readyNas Ultra.
I have followed all instructions but when I install the launcher I do not get any message in the front view saying that the JAVA has been installed. Not error message either...it just does not show anything

I have tried to leave it for quite some time but nothing...is there anything I can do to debug this situation? I am using both Mac and Windows system...tried first with MAC and had the same problem...

EDIT: I have been searching the logs and apparently the JAVA has been correctly installed

Sun Mar 17 10:20:30 CET 2013 The EJRE Installer add-on has been successfully installed.
EDIT2. This time everything was installed properly even if it didn't appear straight away i the list of available add-ons. I had to re-log into the readynas frontview to see it.

How do you reload the library when making a change? Through MiniWatch "Restart" option?

Thanks

The Frontview install happens indeed without any feedback message whether the install was successful or not, both for Java and MinimServer. That might be a minor point to improve in the next version, ie to get a message back whether the intall was successful or not.

Yes, to rescan the libray, you do a "Restart" and Minim adds any new files you have added to your library.

bbrip
17-03-2013, 16:25
(17-03-2013 12:35)bbrip Wrote:  The Frontview install happens indeed without any feedback message whether the install was successful or not, both for Java and MinimServer. That might be a minor point to improve in the next version, ie to get a message back whether the intall was successful or not.

When it's installed, you'll see its icon appear in Frontview under Add-ons >> Installed (not Add-ons >> Available).
17-03-2013, 16:37
I know, but when you install other addons, you get a popup sayin Intall successful or similar. If you dont get that it may be slightly confusing. No big thing, though
17-03-2013, 17:32
(17-03-2013 16:37)bbrip Wrote:  I know, but when you install other addons, you get a popup sayin Intall successful or similar. If you dont get that it may be slightly confusing. No big thing, though

Can you give an example of another add-on that shows this pop-up?
17-03-2013, 21:30
Twonky for example.
17-03-2013, 22:17
(17-03-2013 21:30)bbrip Wrote:  Twonky for example.

I've looked at the Twonky installation script, and I can't see anything in there that would display a confirmation message. I can't try a Twonky installation myself because there's no Twonky package for ReadyNAS ARM. Can you post a screenshot to show what this confirmation message looks like?