Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red icon!
13-11-2016, 19:00 (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 20:51 by Melco Man.)
Red icon!
Hi
I cannot load my files on my Melco all of a sudden! The icon which turns yellow on my mac when it is rescanning is red with a message saying 'Context: unable to save property minim server.lastindexTags to file/mnt/system/config/Apps/minimserver/data/minimserver.config:save error java.io.IOException:No space left on device'

It says this in the Log -

MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'
Language setting is 'en'
Current time is Sun Nov 13 19:48:12 GMT 2016 in time zone Europe/London
Context: unable to save property minimserver.lastIndexTags to file /mnt/system/config/Apps/minimserver/data/minimserver.config: save error java.io.IOException: No space left on device
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'

I have tried 'restart' and 'exit'. Still getting a red icon!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2016, 21:01
RE: Red icon!
As a first step, power the Melco off and on. This might free some space in the system partition.

If this doesn't work, the system partition is probably full with core dump files. I have a fix for this in the next version of the MinimServer installer and I will release this as soon as possible.
13-11-2016, 21:18
(13-11-2016 21:01)simoncn Wrote:  As a first step, power the Melco off and on. This might free some space in the system partition.

If this doesn't work, the system partition is probably full with core dump files. I have a fix for this in the next version of the MinimServer installer and I will release this as soon as possible.

Thank you. I have already powered the Melco on and off and it made no difference. I guess I'll just have to wait for the fix to be released. Is there no way I can make it work until then?
13-11-2016, 22:22
(13-11-2016 21:18)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  Thank you. I have already powered the Melco on and off and it made no difference. I guess I'll just have to wait for the fix to be released. Is there no way I can make it work until then?

I have sent you a PM with instructions for installing a test version of the next installer.
13-11-2016, 22:25
(13-11-2016 22:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 21:18)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  Thank you. I have already powered the Melco on and off and it made no difference. I guess I'll just have to wait for the fix to be released. Is there no way I can make it work until then?

I have sent you a PM with instructions for installing a test version of the next installer.
Thank you. That is very kind.
13-11-2016, 23:11 (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 23:15 by Melco Man.)
(13-11-2016 22:25)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 22:22)simoncn Wrote:  

Thank you. That is very kind.
Thank you Simon. The instructions you sent have got it working again. There are 2 files I can see in the share/minimserver folder with the word 'core' in the filename (e.g. core.twonkyserver.1479058658). I'm really pleased it is working again.
Thank you for minimserver - it is really good.
13-11-2016, 23:16
(13-11-2016 23:11)charlesbeckerson@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:  Thank you Simon. The instructions you sent have got it working again. There are no files I can see in the share/minimserver folder with the word 'core' in the filename but I'm really pleased it is working again. Happy to look again if you'd like me to.
Thank you for minimserver - it is really good.

I'm pleased the new version has solved the problem. Are there any large files in share/MinimServer with recent dates or are there any large files in share/MinimServer/data with recent dates?