Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating MinimServer from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 on ReadyNas
09-11-2016, 15:21
Updating MinimServer from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 on ReadyNas
Hi

I am running ReadyNas Ultra 2 with RAIDiator 4.2.30. I've tried the following to update to latest MinimServer.

- Before the installation I used RAIDiator to remove current version of MinimServer.

- Then I restarted ReadyNas.

- I used RAIDiator to upload "MinimServer-0.8.4-readynas-x86.bin" to ReadyNAS

- Then I pressed Install.

After a couple of seconds I gets a Error message that (translation from Swedish here)

- "unable to find install file"

Please help me. I am dependent on music,, but at the moment no access *smile*

Is there another way to install,, I've tried this like 10 times...

//lgConfused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 16:16
RE: Updating MinimServer from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4 on ReadyNas
When updating MinimServer to a new version, it's better not to remove the old version first. Just install the new version and everything will work OK. This is mentioned in point 2 of the install/update instructions on this page.

I don't know why this isn't working for you. Maybe something is wrong with your copy of the file. It should be 1972224 bytes long.
09-11-2016, 18:58
(09-11-2016 16:16)simoncn Wrote:  When updating MinimServer to a new version, it's better not to remove the old version first. Just install the new version and everything will work OK. This is mentioned in point 2 of the install/update instructions on this page.

I don't know why this isn't working for you. Maybe something is wrong with your copy of the file. It should be 1972224 bytes long.

Okey,, then I did wrong, because I did remove the old version.

I am thinking that it should be possible to install 0.8.4 from scratch,, If the system sees some parts from 0.8.3,, still hanging around,, maybe it gets into trouble.
Is there some way to clean out everything from 0.8.3,,, so this will be a "clean" install.

//lg
09-11-2016, 19:57
The installation should work after removing 0.8.3 but I suppose there is the possibility that something went wrong with the removal.

Have you checked the length of the file you are uploading? It should be 1972224 bytes long. From the error message, it looks like there is a problem with the 0.8.4 package file that was uploaded to the NAS.

You could try downloading the file again and/or using a different browser for the upload to the NAS.
10-11-2016, 08:01
I have checked all the steps on my ReadyNAS Duo v2 running RAIDiator 5.3.10. I am doing this from Firefox on Windows.

1) Login to the FrontView dashboard
2) Click Configure
3) Click Add-ons
4) Click the Add Add-on icon at the top right of the screen (looks like a window pane with an arrow)
5) In the New Add-on dialog, click Browse
6) Select the file to upload
7) Click Upload
8) After about 2 seconds, the New Add-on dialog changes to a confirmation prompt containing the following information:
Name: MinimServer
New Version: 0.8.4
Image Size: 1.9 MB
Release Notes: N/A
9) In this dialog, click Install
10) After about 10 seconds, there is a message saying 'The add-on was successfully installed'
11) Click OK

Are you following the same steps? Which one is failing?
10-11-2016, 09:43
(10-11-2016 08:01)simoncn Wrote:  I have checked all the steps on my ReadyNAS Duo v2 running RAIDiator 5.3.10. I am doing this from Firefox on Windows.

1) Login to the FrontView dashboard
2) Click Configure
3) Click Add-ons
4) Click the Add Add-on icon at the top right of the screen (looks like a window pane with an arrow)
5) In the New Add-on dialog, click Browse
6) Select the file to upload
7) Click Upload
8) After about 2 seconds, the New Add-on dialog changes to a confirmation prompt containing the following information:
Name: MinimServer
New Version: 0.8.4
Image Size: 1.9 MB
Release Notes: N/A
9) In this dialog, click Install
10) After about 10 seconds, there is a message saying 'The add-on was successfully installed'
11) Click OK

Are you following the same steps? Which one is failing?

Hi.

Glad to inform you that finally I succeeded to update minimserver. I cant tell you what kind of action that solved my issues because I've spent hours trying different approaches, different browsers, different downloads etc.
A combination off all things finally made it.

Anyhow, I am very pleased of your support and that you really tried to help.
Time to go to the donate page.

//lg
10-11-2016, 10:00
(10-11-2016 09:43)lg.lindstrom Wrote:  Hi.

Glad to inform you that finally I succeeded to update minimserver. I cant tell you what kind of action that solved my issues because I've spent hours trying different approaches, different browsers, different downloads etc.
A combination off all things finally made it.

Anyhow, I am very pleased of your support and that you really tried to help.
Time to go to the donate page.

//lg

I'm glad it is working now. Many thanks for your donation!