Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impossible to play tracks with my iPad or my Android Device
02-11-2016, 17:46 (This post was last modified: 02-11-2016 17:54 by carmtegrof.)
Impossible to play tracks with my iPad or my Android Device
Hello,

first excuse my bad english.

I install Minimserver on My NAS 216j and there is no problem to use it with foobar on my PC, but if i try to use it with foobar on my iPad or on my Android phone, foobar find Minimserver in UPnP Media Servers, I can see all my music but its impossible to play tracks.
I give you the log trace of Minimwatch
Thanks for your help

Attached File(s)
.txt  minimserver.txt (Size: 2.16 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2016, 18:22
RE: Impossible to play tracks with my iPad or my Android Device
Welcome to the MinimServer forum! Your English is excellent. Smile

The log trace shows that the control point (foobar mobile) has closed the HTTP connection immediately after sending the GET request and before MinimServer has responded. The line that shows this is:

17:30:47.949 Thread-482: HTTPConnection: end of input stream data

You would need to ask on a foobar forum why this is happening.
02-11-2016, 18:44
THANKS
03-11-2016, 15:21
If it helps, for me this works on my iPad using Foobar Mobile.
03-11-2016, 21:01
I tried this and I am getting the same error.

I have investigated what is happening. An HTTP connection between a renderer (client) and a server has both "send" and "receive" directions. The foobar mobile renderer is closing its "send" direction after sending the HTTP GET request. The normal HTTP convention is that closing the "send" direction is a signal to the server that the client wants to abandon its connection to the server. In this case, the server should respond by closing its "send" side of the connection (the client's "receive" side).

It seems that the foobar mobile renderer is closing its "send" direction but is expecting the server to keep the server's "send" direction open until all the audio data for the track has been transmitted. If I were to change MinimServer to do this, this would cause problems with other renderers that use the standard HTTP convention for closing connections as described above.
10-11-2016, 11:31
There is a thread on the foobar mobile support forum about this problem (see this link) and I have posted this information there.
10-11-2016, 20:57 (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 20:57 by bubbleguuum.)
I have also directly informed Peter (the foobar2000 dev) about this issue, pointing to this MinimServer thread.