Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim daemon not starting under debian jessie / systemd
19-10-2016, 15:58
Minim daemon not starting under debian jessie / systemd
Hi,

I just installed latest minim release on a raspberry pi with debian jessie (acyually is the Moode implementation, moodeaudio.org) and got it working OK, except for the fact that once launched for the first time, I rebooted, noticed that systemd did not start the server, and checked with startd script directly. startd had stopped working. I get the following message in the log file:
mknod: '/etc/minim/minimserver/data/minimserver.pipe': Permission denied

I checked this pipe and even tried changing permissions for the mknod in the startd script to give full rw to user, group and other, but it keeps on giving this message.

I always run with sudo. When calling the script with systemd systemctl command, it gives the same error.

Help, please.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2016, 19:30
RE: Minim daemon not starting under debian jessie / systemd
The MinimServer scripts are not intended to be run with sudo. This can cause problems with file permissions, as you have found.

Does the /etc/minim/minimserver/data/minimserver.pipe file exist? if so what are its permissions?

What are the permissions for the /etc/minim/minimserver/data directory?

Can you check what user is running startd when it is being run by systemctl?
20-10-2016, 01:25
RE: Minim daemon not starting under debian jessie / systemd
(19-10-2016 19:30)simoncn Wrote:  The MinimServer scripts are not intended to be run with sudo. This can cause problems with file permissions, as you have found.

Does the /etc/minim/minimserver/data/minimserver.pipe file exist? if so what are its permissions?

What are the permissions for the /etc/minim/minimserver/data directory?

Can you check what user is running startd when it is being run by systemctl?

Simon, thank you very much for your quick response. I just uninstalled and reinstalled in the pi home directory without using sudo as suggested and it all works fine now. Obviously a permissions problem in the /etc/folder.

Best regards
Javier