Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer "Script"
04-11-2016, 09:04
MinimServer "Script"
I am an absolute beginner here so apologies in advance. I have just completed ripping all my CDs with dBpoweramp to a Synology NAS (216play) and got Java running. I have Minimserver installed in the NAS and MinimWatch on the PC used for ripping. The only player in the house is a Naim Muso Qb. I have the Naim control App on my iPad and can stream files to the Qb over the network. Success, partly. The plan is to acquire a less modest network player and install this in the main hifi system.

My main work in progress now is to get the tagging to my liking. I have mp3tag and have managed some successful changes with this but not all. I still have quite a few edits to make. For now, my question is this. On browsing this forum I have seen lots of tips on how to edit and add tags by way of what looks like script such as

Album.ignore.sort={The, The Best of, The Very Best of}

Where can you access this “script”? That is, view it, edit it?

All I see is a big green blob called Mininserver on my Ipad and the same logging into the NAS. Double clicking the MinimWatch icon on the PC does nothing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 14:51 (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 14:52 by Pepsican.)
RE: MinimServer "Script"
(04-11-2016 09:04)bodger Wrote:  I am an absolute beginner here so apologies in advance. I have just completed ripping all my CDs with dBpoweramp to a Synology NAS (216play) and got Java running. I have Minimserver installed in the NAS and MinimWatch on the PC used for ripping. The only player in the house is a Naim Muso Qb. I have the Naim control App on my iPad and can stream files to the Qb over the network. Success, partly. The plan is to acquire a less modest network player and install this in the main hifi system.

My main work in progress now is to get the tagging to my liking. I have mp3tag and have managed some successful changes with this but not all. I still have quite a few edits to make. For now, my question is this. On browsing this forum I have seen lots of tips on how to edit and add tags by way of what looks like script such as

All I see is a big green blob called Mininserver on my Ipad and the same logging into the NAS. Double clicking the MinimWatch icon on the PC does nothing.

Start by right-mouse clicking MinimWatch on your desktop/laptop. That gives you access to the properties, where you can define such things.
04-11-2016, 18:16
(04-11-2016 14:51)Pepsican Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 09:04)bodger Wrote:  I am an absolute beginner here so apologies in advance. I have just completed ripping all my CDs with dBpoweramp to a Synology NAS (216play) and got Java running. I have Minimserver installed in the NAS and MinimWatch on the PC used for ripping. The only player in the house is a Naim Muso Qb. I have the Naim control App on my iPad and can stream files to the Qb over the network. Success, partly. The plan is to acquire a less modest network player and install this in the main hifi system.

Start by right-mouse clicking MinimWatch on your desktop/laptop. That gives you access to the properties, where you can define such things.

Pepsican,
Doing as you say I only see the normal Properties options, General, Security etc. I did open file location but these are just exe files etc. Any other clues? Thanks

Dave
04-11-2016, 18:28
You need to right-click the small minim icon (musical note) in the system tray near the lower right corner of the screen. This icon is displayed when you start MinimWatch by double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon on the desktop. If you don't see this icon, it might be in the system tray icon overflow area (click the upward-pointing arrow). For more information about this icon, see this section.
05-11-2016, 08:09
Simon,

now we are cooking. The Minim was hidden in the tray, I've now set it to display.

The reason I wanted to find this interface was to try to solve a tagging issue. From what I have found, I may need to change the "mergeFolderAlbums" to True to handle compilations. Right now each track shows as a separate album. This despite my best efforts using Mp3tag.

Dave
05-11-2016, 10:03
(05-11-2016 08:09)bodger Wrote:  The reason I wanted to find this interface was to try to solve a tagging issue. From what I have found, I may need to change the "mergeFolderAlbums" to True to handle compilations. Right now each track shows as a separate album. This despite my best efforts using Mp3tag.

You might also need to tag AlbumArtist to something that is the same for all tracks on the compilation album. If there is no suitable artist name, many people use a value of Various Artists.
11-11-2016, 11:59
(05-11-2016 10:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 08:09)bodger Wrote:  The reason I wanted to find this interface was to try to solve a tagging issue. From what I have found, I may need to change the "mergeFolderAlbums" to True to handle compilations. Right now each track shows as a separate album. This despite my best efforts using Mp3tag.

You might also need to tag AlbumArtist to something that is the same for all tracks on the compilation album. If there is no suitable artist name, many people use a value of Various Artists.
Thanks Simon. I will get back to this project over the weekend and hopefully solve the problem.