Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade or not
30-09-2016, 00:28
upgrade or not
simon..i am still using the 0.8.3 version ...happily..but my iMac had a box come up the other day stating that it did/would not support that version anymore..i still am able to use it but i do not know for how long.If i decide to upgrade ..do i have to delete the 0.8.3 version before uploading the .4 version..?.If i do upgrade ..will everything stay the same for my Lumin..?.thanks..Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2016, 09:22
RE: upgrade or not
(30-09-2016 00:28)calloway Wrote:  simon..i am still using the 0.8.3 version ...happily..but my iMac had a box come up the other day stating that it did/would not support that version anymore..i still am able to use it but i do not know for how long.If i decide to upgrade ..do i have to delete the 0.8.3 version before uploading the .4 version..?.If i do upgrade ..will everything stay the same for my Lumin..?.thanks..Dave

You can continue to use 0.8.3 but you won't get any further updates.

It is very easy to install 0.8.4 and you won't see any change in MinimServer or LUMIN. There are step-by-step instructions in this section. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.
06-11-2016, 20:09
RE: upgrade for Windows
(30-09-2016 09:22)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 00:28)calloway Wrote:  simon..i am still using the 0.8.3 version ...happily..but my iMac had a box come up the other day stating that it did/would not support that version anymore..i still am able to use it but i do not know for how long.If i decide to upgrade ..do i have to delete the 0.8.3 version before uploading the .4 version..?.If i do upgrade ..will everything stay the same for my Lumin..?.thanks..Dave

You can continue to use 0.8.3 but you won't get any further updates.

It is very easy to install 0.8.4 and you won't see any change in MinimServer or LUMIN. There are step-by-step instructions in this section. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

simon: could you please post the equivalent link for how to do the upgrade on Windows, and confirm that music and setting won't be affected? Also, do we have to upgrade for minimwatch too? Thanks.
06-11-2016, 21:29
RE: upgrade or not
(06-11-2016 20:09)Robert Wrote:  simon: could you please post the equivalent link for how to do the upgrade on Windows, and confirm that music and setting won't be affected? Also, do we have to upgrade for minimwatch too? Thanks.

See this section for MinimServer and this section for MinimWatch. You should update both of these and nothing will be affected.