Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio stations and cover art
23-09-2016, 15:21
Radio stations and cover art
Hello,

is it possible to have cover art for radio stations? I tried to follow the MinimServer User Guide but had no luck.

I'm using this file system structure:

Code:
Radio/
|-- Radio.jpg
`-- SmoothJazz.m3u

MinimServer points to the Radio directory and I can play radio streams but would like to have cover art also.

I tried to use file names like without success (there are some more radio stations defined which I have omitted for clarity):
  • Radio.jpg (same as folder name)
  • SmoothJazz.jpg (same as radio station)
Is there a solution?

Kind regards
steamfan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 19:59
RE: Radio stations and cover art
Did you do a rescan after adding the artwork file for the radio station?

The filename of the artwork file must be the same as the playlist name of the radio station. Please post the contents of your SmoothJazz.m3u file.
26-09-2016, 05:08
Hello,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, my Control Point doesn't display the image; but this is out of scope of this forum.

First I have to resolve the fact that one Renderer does not play radio streams whereas the other one does.
This particular file looks like this:

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[SmoothJazz] SmoothJazz.com
http://smoothjazz.com/streams/smoothjazz_128.pls

Kind regards
steamfan
26-09-2016, 10:27
For this station, the art file must be named SmoothJazz.com.jpg.

This station is using an incorrect MIME type for the stream metadata. The MIME type should be audio/x-scpls (pls meaning playlist) but it is being sent as application/pls+xml (pls meaning Pronunciation Lexicon Specification).

I will add a workaround for this in the next MinimStreamer update. The workaround will look for the suffix '.pls' at the end of a stream URL and treat the URL as a playlist if this suffix is present.
27-09-2016, 00:08
(26-09-2016 10:27)simoncn Wrote:  For this station, the art file must be named SmoothJazz.com.jpg.

I don't suppose there is a future where this same name convention would work to add images to M3U playlists for the local library?
27-09-2016, 10:10
(27-09-2016 00:08)krutsch Wrote:  I don't suppose there is a future where this same name convention would work to add images to M3U playlists for the local library?

This future is coming soon. Smile