Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer on Synology DS213+
12-01-2013, 22:52
RE: MinimServer on Synology DS213+
(12-01-2013 12:25)longz Wrote:  I am afraid these are the only messages I can find. Guess it's not helping much.
Could you please advise where I can find more info to help you?

Hi, the information you gave indicates that at least the MinimServer package installation went fine.
If MinimServer shows still the same symptoms with the latter test build, please post the file /homes/minimserver/appData/minimserver-out.log here as an attachment. You can navigate to this directory using the DSM file station. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 04:07 (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 14:10 by longz.)
Just tried to install the updated version but unfortunately the symptom still persists.

I am attaching the log here for your reference. (I've renamed it to .txt so that the attachment could be allowed).
Thanks a lot for the time and efforts trying to make it happen Smile
13-01-2013, 11:08 (This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 13:22 by simoncn.)
(13-01-2013 04:07)longz Wrote:  Just tried to install the updated version but unfortunately the symptom still persists.

I am attaching the log here for your reference. (I've renamed it to .txt so that the attachment could be allowed).
Thanks a lot for the time and efforts trying to make it happen Smile

Thanks for the quick response.

Please can you add a line to the file /homes/minimserver/appData/minimserver.config so that more trace information is produced in the minimserver-out.log file. You need to add the line

.logLevel = trace

at the end of this file. After doing this, please stop and restart MinimServer from the package center, zip both the minimserver-out.log and minimserver.log files, and attach the zip file here. Many thanks!

Edit: Updated last paragraph to include the minimserver.log file.
13-01-2013, 16:21 (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 14:11 by longz.)
Thanks for the advice.
Here is the result. Though I am afraid there isn't any extra info caught.....
13-01-2013, 20:34
(13-01-2013 16:21)longz Wrote:  Thanks for the advice.
Here is the result. Though I am afraid there isn't any extra info caught.....

Thanks very much for doing this. There is some extra information in the minimserver.log file. This confirms that all components of MinimServer have started correctly. Despite this, MinimServer appears not to be responding to UPnP M-SEARCH requests.

Do you have a Windows PC? If so, please download and install the Developer Tools for UPnP Technologies (MSI Installer) from this page, then launch the Device Spy tool. If MinimServer is working correctly, you should see a device named MinimServer[S1-MaxHome] with services named ConnectionManager and ContentDirectory, and another device named Monitor Service with a service named Monitor. Do you see any of these devices and services?
14-01-2013, 13:38
Thank you, Simon.
I am sorry to tell you that I can't see MinimServer from Device Spy (but I do see the native Synology DLNA/UPnP media server).
14-01-2013, 14:09
(14-01-2013 13:38)longz Wrote:  Thank you, Simon.
I am sorry to tell you that I can't see MinimServer from Device Spy (but I do see the native Synology DLNA/UPnP media server).

Thanks for trying this. This confirms that the ohNet UPnP stack (recompiled for PowerPC) hasn't started correctly. I'll post further suggestions soon for how to get more information on what might be causing this.
15-01-2013, 07:56
(14-01-2013 14:09)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for trying this. This confirms that the ohNet UPnP stack (recompiled for PowerPC) hasn't started correctly. I'll post further suggestions soon for how to get more information on what might be causing this.

I think I know what has been causing this problem. There's a new test build available at this link. Please uninstall the previous test build completely, then install this test build and let me know if MinimServer is visible on the network.
15-01-2013, 16:38 (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 14:11 by longz.)
Sorry. It doesn't work, either.
I am attaching the log files here for your reference. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Simon.
15-01-2013, 17:20
(15-01-2013 16:38)longz Wrote:  Sorry. It doesn't work, either.
I am attaching the log files here for your reference. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Simon.

Thanks for trying this.

The zip file you posted contained minimserver.config instead of minimserver.log. Could you please post a zipped copy of minimserver.log?