Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon MiND playlists don't play
16-09-2016, 22:16
Moon MiND playlists don't play
Hello,

I'm using the Moon MiND app with MinimServer and recently created 2 playlists. Now they won't play - it reports a server error. I had this problem with my old Naim NDX which lost the file location of playlist files each time a rescan was performed. But as this is necessary each time a new album is added to my NAS, it rather renders the playlist feature redundant.

Is this the case with the Moon app too? Or am I missing something?

Regards,

Michael Kay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2016, 22:22 (This post was last modified: 16-09-2016 22:25 by simoncn.)
RE: Moon MiND playlists don't play
What is the exact full error message that you are seeing? Is the message coming from MinimServer or from the MiND app? Do playlists work aimmediately after creation (i.e., before a rescan is performed)?
16-09-2016, 22:25
(16-09-2016 22:22)simoncn Wrote:  What is the exact full error message that you are seeing?

Hi Simon - I'll have to get back to you tomorrow with that answer as I'm not sure off the top of my head. Thanks for the quick response, I'll reply tomorrow. Machine off at the moment.

Michael
17-09-2016, 14:29
(16-09-2016 22:22)simoncn Wrote:  What is the exact full error message that you are seeing? Is the message coming from MinimServer or from the MiND app? Do playlists work aimmediately after creation (i.e., before a rescan is performed)?

Hi Simon,

The error message appears as a new window in the middle of the iPad (on the MiND app) after about 30 seconds of trying after play is instigated for the playlist - it says:
'Unsolicited message from MiND
Server Error
OK'

Tapping the 'ok' removes the message as is usual.

Also the bit rate display on the playlist on the left side of the app shows 0 for the bitrate before you tap play.

The Playlists (only recently created) worked before I added new music and had to carry out the rescan.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael
17-09-2016, 16:36
Please open the MinimServer log window and try to play a file from a playlist. Do you see any messages in the log window?
17-09-2016, 17:38
(17-09-2016 16:36)simoncn Wrote:  Please open the MinimServer log window and try to play a file from a playlist. Do you see any messages in the log window?

None appear once trying to play a file, though the log is very long (but always has been)! Log attached.

.log  minimserver.log (Size: 536.88 KB / Downloads: 3)
18-09-2016, 00:15
Michael,

The Moon app is sooo buggy not to mention horrendous UI. I had tons of issues with it including yours and eventually gave up. I currently use BubbleUPnP and it is better than the Moon app in every aspect.

Give it a try.
18-09-2016, 09:01
(17-09-2016 17:38)Michael Kay Wrote:  None appear once trying to play a file, though the log is very long (but always has been)! Log attached.

There is nothng in here to indicate why the MiND app is having a problem. The messages during startup are not relevant to this issue. Please do the following after MinimServer startup has completed:

1) In the log window, click Clear
2) Set the logging level to Trace
3) Try to play a track from a previously saved playlist
4) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the trace output
5) Set the logging level back to Info
18-09-2016, 10:49 (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 10:51 by Michael Kay.)
(18-09-2016 09:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 17:38)Michael Kay Wrote:  None appear once trying to play a file, though the log is very long (but always has been)! Log attached.

There is nothng in here to indicate why the MiND app is having a problem. The messages during startup are not relevant to this issue. Please do the following after MinimServer startup has completed:

1) In the log window, click Clear
2) Set the logging level to Trace
3) Try to play a track from a previously saved playlist
4) In the log window, click 'Save as' to save the trace output
5) Set the logging level back to Info

Thanks Simon - I've attached the saved file
Regards,
Michael
18-09-2016, 16:43
(18-09-2016 10:49)Michael Kay Wrote:  Thanks Simon - I've attached the saved file
Regards,
Michael

I don't see any attachment to your post.