Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver and XLD.
21-11-2012, 17:04
Minimserver and XLD.
Can I ask anyone for the way to rip and then view on miniserver compilation albums. If I rip a compilation album with multiple artists, xld will save it to numerous folders under each artist.Apart from editing the metadata on XLD to overwrite artists as "various" and then view the album as a single album on minimserver, but without the artist listed, is there a way to tweak minimserver to view as a single album, with each different artisl listed beside each track?

Many Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2012, 17:51
RE: Minimserver and XLD.
(21-11-2012 17:04)GOCUS Wrote:  Can I ask anyone for the way to rip and then view on miniserver compilation albums. If I rip a compilation album with multiple artists, xld will save it to numerous folders under each artist.Apart from editing the metadata on XLD to overwrite artists as "various" and then view the album as a single album on minimserver, but without the artist listed, is there a way to tweak minimserver to view as a single album, with each different artisl listed beside each track?

Many Thanks.

You have two options:

1) Configure XLD to rip the whole album to a single folder. (I don't know if this is easy, or possible.)

2) Tag all the album tracks with the same AlbumArtist value ('Various' would be OK), and change the mergeFolderAlbums property on the MinimServer advanced properties page from false to true. Don't change the existing Artist tags for the tracks. If you do this, MinimServer will merge all the tracks from different folders into a single album with an overall album artist of 'Various', and you'll also see the correct artist for each track.
29-11-2012, 22:26
Hi Simon,

Im not getting the hang of this unfortunately.This is what I am doing on a compilation CD:-

1.On XLD there is the option to get the metadata. On a compilation album each track comes up with each artist.The only way to prevent XLD to rip into separate folders, is to open edit metadata and change the artist on each track to various, this is despite the ability to select compilation on the edit metadata.

2.After selecting Various, XLD will rip to a single folder.

3.On opening Minimserver the Album is shown, but the artist does not show up, as it is re tagged (?) as various.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gordon
29-11-2012, 23:25
(29-11-2012 22:26)GOCUS Wrote:  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gordon

Please try the second option from my previous reply:

2) Tag all the album tracks with the same AlbumArtist value ('Various' would be OK), and change the mergeFolderAlbums property on the MinimServer advanced properties page from false to true. Don't change the existing Artist tags for the tracks. If you do this, MinimServer will merge all the tracks from different folders into a single album with an overall album artist of 'Various', and you'll also see the correct artist for each track.

If you do this, it doesn't matter that each track is ripped into a different folder.

You should not change any of the track artists to Various. Does XLD have the option to set the AlbumArtist tag without changng the track artists?
30-11-2012, 14:02
Hi Simon,

When you say "tag all the album tracks with the same AlbumArtist value, do you mean on XLD or Minimserver?
30-11-2012, 15:38
(30-11-2012 14:02)GOCUS Wrote:  Hi Simon,

When you say "tag all the album tracks with the same AlbumArtist value, do you mean on XLD or Minimserver?

I mean on XLD. MinimServer reads tags from files, but doesn't write them.