Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortcut to Radio list?
28-01-2017, 14:29 (This post was last modified: 28-01-2017 16:57 by RobertsRevival.)
RE: UPnP BBC HLS Streams
Hi folks - well first off sorry for bumping this thread (it does seem appropriate though).

I'm trying to utilise the UPnP renderer method, to stream the BBC HLS streams to my amp (sony str dn1030).

The amp is finding / showing - MinimServer > 1 playlist > BBC Radio and I can see a list of BBC radio stations. But when I select any of them, the amp does nothing (it seems to not recognise that anything has been selected). I'm suspecting its probably not liking the format?

Any ideas?

Oh - yes should have said - I use minimserver/streamer to listen to the HLS streams on an internet radio (no problem).

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2017, 16:56
RE: Shortcut to Radio list?
The first step is to try setting a stream type in the playlist entry, for example:

#EXTINF:-1,[R3A;aac] BBC Radio 3 AAC

instead of:

#EXTINF:-1,[R3] BBC Radio 3

If this doesn't help, the second step is to set the streamSize option in the stream.options property, for example:

streamSize=4gb

If neither of these works, you will probably need to transcode the stream.
28-01-2017, 16:59
(28-01-2017 16:56)simoncn Wrote:  The first step is to try setting a stream type in the playlist entry, for example:

#EXTINF:-1,[R3A;aac] BBC Radio 3 AAC

instead of:

#EXTINF:-1,[R3] BBC Radio 3

If this doesn't help, the second step is to set the streamSize option in the stream.options property, for example:

streamSize=4gb

If neither of these works, you will probably need to transcode the stream.

Hi Simon, so do I need a separate / different folder from the one I use for streaming to my radio? (not sure if you saw my late edit above)?

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
28-01-2017, 17:16
For safety, it would be better to copy the playlist and make experimental changes in the copy. If you do this, you need to change all the stream IDs in the copied playlist as these IDs need to be globally unique.
29-01-2017, 09:47
(28-01-2017 17:16)simoncn Wrote:  For safety, it would be better to copy the playlist and make experimental changes in the copy. If you do this, you need to change all the stream IDs in the copied playlist as these IDs need to be globally unique.

OK - thanks Simon. I'll report back on progress!Confused