Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct way to update after changes to library
20-08-2016, 21:41
Correct way to update after changes to library
In Minimwatch I have .autoUpdate populated with 'true'. Should this find any changes I've made to my library? How long does it take - perhaps I'm not giving it enough time? Or am I way off track. See what I did there... (Yes, I've had a glass of wine or 2). I currently resort to the rescan option.
Having added 'Now That's What I Call Music 94' to my collection, wait, it's for my daughter! She expects it to be instantly available Rolleyes
Anyway, in all seriousness, I'm loving Minimserver and want to be sure I'm using it correctly. Love the way you can select by Date.
Currently enjoying getting all my metadata in order using MP3tag (thanks DavidHB for the tips) - what a powerful bit of kit that is too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2016, 22:13
RE: Correct way to update after changes to library
The .autoUpdate property doesn't do what you think. See this page for details. You can find a complete list of property names and descriptions in this section.

Instant automatic rescan is not currently supported because of significant engineering challenges in implementing an efficient and reliable solution. For now, your daughter will need to go back to the stone age and push a button. Sad
21-08-2016, 09:28
RE: Correct way to update after changes to library
Ha ha, that's great Simon. Thank you. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't doing something unnecessary.