Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple selections?
14-08-2016, 06:36
Lightbulb Multiple selections?
Would it be possible (and does anyone else thing it desirable) to enable multiple selection when choosing from the MinimServer browse tree?

(I am not sure if I'm using the right terminology here, nor am I sure whether the question should be asked here or of the control-point author.)

What I'm suggesting is the ability to choose not just 1 but also >1 genres or composers, etc., at a time when browsing.

Mike

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 10:24
RE: Multiple selections?
(14-08-2016 06:36)Mike48 Wrote:  Would it be possible (and does anyone else thing it desirable) to enable multiple selection when choosing from the MinimServer browse tree?

(I am not sure if I'm using the right terminology here, nor am I sure whether the question should be asked here or of the control-point author.)

What I'm suggesting is the ability to choose not just 1 but also >1 genres or composers, etc., at a time when browsing.

Mike

I think this would be useful but it isn't easy to support it with the UPnP architecture, which structures the library as a hierarchy of containers.

To use a simplified example:

(root)
---Genre
------genre1
------genre2
------genre3
---Composer
------composer1
------composer2
------composer3
---etc.

The UPnP protocol allows the control point to get a list of children of a single container, such as Genre or genre1. It doesn't allow the control point to get a merged list of children of multiple containers such as genre1 and genre3 so that the user could see a combined browse tree for these containers.
15-08-2016, 16:21
RE: Multiple selections?
Simon-- Thanks for the quick reply. I understand the problem.

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA