Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albums with multiple album artists are not shown when browsing e.g. by album artists
14-03-2013, 09:43 (This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 09:44 by bbrip.)
RE: Albums with multiple album artists are not shown when browsing
(14-03-2013 09:33)Oliviander Wrote:  "Take control of your tagging"
MinimServer doesn't attempt to fix tagging inconsistencies itself. For example, if you've got some tracks tagged with the artist ABBA and others tagged with the artist Abba, MinimServer will show these as separate artists instead of trying to guess which of them is correct. By doing this, MinimServer puts you in control to get your tagging the way you want it, rather than applying its own rules which might not do what you want.

I think its a great that MinimServer is NOT trying to "second-guess" what you are tagging. It should read the tags and handle them in an intelligent way but not tinker with the contents of the tags themself, other than some basic stuff such as putting "The" to the end for sorting purposes.

If you want a tool second-guessing or "correcting" (whatever that may mean) your tags, there are other tools around, like Bliss.

bbrip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2013, 09:44
(14-03-2013 09:33)Oliviander Wrote:  file tags : Very Good Exclamation

lastNameFirst : I would rather see a lastNameLast function
as I have completely tagged my collection
the other way round (and prefer it that way)
But actually I think I won't use it, because I do not like things
beeing displayed in another way as they truly are.
I rather use different tags for the following reason:

Here i could cite your entry of minimserver properties Rolleyes :

"Take control of your tagging"
MinimServer doesn't attempt to fix tagging inconsistencies itself. For example, if you've got some tracks tagged with the artist ABBA and others tagged with the artist Abba, MinimServer will show these as separate artists instead of trying to guess which of them is correct. By doing this, MinimServer puts you in control to get your tagging the way you want it, rather than applying its own rules which might not do what you want.

But as long as it is purely optional - no problem with that

THX for the great work

The "lastNameFirst" means that MinimServer will apply a predefined transformation rule to tags that you have formatted with the last name first. It doesn't contradict the words in "Take control of your tagging", because it assumes (if enabled) that you have used this format consistently for all the tags to which you have applied this rule. It is an optional feature and will be disabled by default.
21-03-2013, 07:38
(14-03-2013 09:44)simoncn Wrote:  The "lastNameFirst" means that MinimServer will apply a predefined transformation rule to tags that you have formatted with the last name first. It doesn't contradict the words in "Take control of your tagging", because it assumes (if enabled) that you have used this format consistently for all the tags to which you have applied this rule. It is an optional feature and will be disabled by default.

In this case, I didn't get it right in the first place Huh
but now I am looking forward to it Smile