Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim not accessible
29-06-2016, 21:24
RE: Minim not accessible
(29-06-2016 12:14)SoundAdikt Wrote:  No, I've stopped my router doing this, as far as I am aware, it just happens without any external elements.

Does the problem still happen if you set the ohnet.debug property to All-Timer and leave the MinimServer logging level as Info?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 22:00
Yes, in fact, I've left MinimServer at these settings. It's only when I set the logging level to debug does the problem stop.

Thank you.
29-06-2016, 22:09
(29-06-2016 22:00)SoundAdikt Wrote:  Yes, in fact, I've left MinimServer at these settings. It's only when I set the logging level to debug does the problem stop.

Thank you.

I will look into what it would take to provide some way to capture the All-Timer output in memory instead of writing it to a disk file. This might enable me to capture the data that I need to debug the problem. How much free memory is available on the machine that is running MinimServer?
29-06-2016, 22:35
(29-06-2016 22:09)simoncn Wrote:  I will look into what it would take to provide some way to capture the All-Timer output in memory instead of writing it to a disk file. This might enable me to capture the data that I need to debug the problem. How much free memory is available on the machine that is running MinimServer?
Please see the attached screen shot. I can free up some additional memory if needed by stopping other services such as video station, media server, etc. all be it within the confines of a total base memory of 512MB (213j).

Thank you again for your continued interest in trying to resolve this issue.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

30-06-2016, 08:26
(29-06-2016 22:35)SoundAdikt Wrote:  Please see the attached screen shot. I can free up some additional memory if needed by stopping other services such as video station, media server, etc. all be it within the confines of a total base memory of 512MB (213j).

Thank you again for your continued interest in trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks! Also, how long does it usually take from starting MinimServer to seeing the problem?
30-06-2016, 09:09
(30-06-2016 08:26)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks! Also, how long does it usually take from starting MinimServer to seeing the problem?
A few hours normally, I've seen it disappear in less than two. If I for example restarted MinimServer in the morning it would no longer be visible by lunchtime, if I restarted it in the evening it would no longer be visible by the morning. The fact that the http status interface is still visible as well as that when a playlist is already loaded onto the control point, MinimServer can still stream does indeed correlate to the ohNet component more than likely being the cause of the problem. Out of interest, was this component upgraded as part of the MinimServer release that worked with DSM v6? It's only since DSM v6 did these issues appeared.
30-06-2016, 11:28
(30-06-2016 09:09)SoundAdikt Wrote:  A few hours normally, I've seen it disappear in less than two. If I for example restarted MinimServer in the morning it would no longer be visible by lunchtime, if I restarted it in the evening it would no longer be visible by the morning. The fact that the http status interface is still visible as well as that when a playlist is already loaded onto the control point, MinimServer can still stream does indeed correlate to the ohNet component more than likely being the cause of the problem. Out of interest, was this component upgraded as part of the MinimServer release that worked with DSM v6? It's only since DSM v6 did these issues appeared.

The ohNet version change happened as part of MinimServer update 76, released on 3 February 2016. Can you try reverting to update 75 to see whether this makes the problem go away?
30-06-2016, 13:16
(30-06-2016 11:28)simoncn Wrote:  The ohNet version change happened as part of MinimServer update 76, released on 3 February 2016. Can you try reverting to update 75 to see whether this makes the problem go away?
Ever since I installed the version of MinimServer compatible with DSM v6, this problem has arisen. So back to your request, is update 75 based at the time on MinimServer v0.8.3 compatible with DSM v6? I don't recall updating to MinimServer v0.8.3.4 which I believe was the first version to support DSM v6 on the basis that when I did upgrade, it was disabled.

Thanks.
30-06-2016, 14:16
(30-06-2016 13:16)SoundAdikt Wrote:  Ever since I installed the version of MinimServer compatible with DSM v6, this problem has arisen. So back to your request, is update 75 based at the time on MinimServer v0.8.3 compatible with DSM v6? I don't recall updating to MinimServer v0.8.3.4 which I believe was the first version to support DSM v6 on the basis that when I did upgrade, it was disabled.

Thanks.

From a previous post, I see you are now using MinimServer 0.8.4 with update 88. Because MinimServer 0.8.4 includes a later version of ohNet, there is no easy way to downgrade MinimServer 0.8.4 to the previous version of ohNet from update 75. This downgrade would have been possible if you were using 0.8.3.4 but I would not advise going back to 0.8.3.4 from 0.8.4.
30-06-2016, 15:21
(30-06-2016 14:16)simoncn Wrote:  From a previous post, I see you are now using MinimServer 0.8.4 with update 88. Because MinimServer 0.8.4 includes a later version of ohNet, there is no easy way to downgrade MinimServer 0.8.4 to the previous version of ohNet from update 75. This downgrade would have been possible if you were using 0.8.3.4 but I would not advise going back to 0.8.3.4 from 0.8.4.
If I understand correctly, I had to install 0.8.3.4 when I upgraded to DSM 6 (when it became GA). The problem existed as soon as I did that, probably on the basis that DSM v6 GA came out (if I remember correctly) in March, by which time Update 76 had become available. I'm pretty sure that as part of the installation I would have upgraded the packages at the same time thus I would never have tried 0.8.3.4 with update 75 or lower.

Given MinimServer is not working correctly, I would be happy to remove it (including config files) and install 0.8.3.4 if you would be able to send me a link to download the spk file. I could then try it without upgrading any of the packages to see what happens.

Thanks.