Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with display of 2-disc albums
14-06-2016, 22:15
RE: Problem with display of 2-disc albums
(14-06-2016 21:48)stampie Wrote:  Ironically, I recently changed album tags on my multi-disc albums to overcome the >>>Disc 2 'problem' and use minimserver's merge feature, as I assumed it was down to the Naim app (even though it didn't happen with Synology media server).

Nick

PS. I don't intend changing the tags back again!

What did you change "from" and "to"? Is it working OK for you with update 88?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2016, 22:26
(14-06-2016 19:29)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The tags are of the form "Album name, Disc n".
I just noticed not all albums are being merged.(the same in bubble UPnP)
They seemed to be tagged the same way, haven't figured out why some albums are merged while others aren't.
In some of the now merged albums there is something strange going on with track numbers.
The Connect app has not sorted the separator in a different position it simply isn't there.

The album in the screenshot seems to be missing tracks 1 and 2 from disc 2.

I have reproduced the problem with the ">> Disc n" separators not showing in the Cambridge Connect app. I will do some experiments to see if I can persuade the app to make them appear.
17-06-2016, 21:08
(14-06-2016 22:26)simoncn Wrote:  I have reproduced the problem with the ">> Disc n" separators not showing in the Cambridge Connect app. I will do some experiments to see if I can persuade the app to make them appear.

From my experiments, I have concluded that it will not be possible to make the ">> Disc n" separators appear in the Cambridge app unless the Cambridge app is changed to allow this.

I have not had any other problem reports about this. Has anyone else using any other control point experienced this problem of albums being merged without the ">> Disc n" separators being shown?
18-06-2016, 00:42
(14-06-2016 22:15)simoncn Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 21:48)stampie Wrote:  Ironically, I recently changed album tags on my multi-disc albums to overcome the >>>Disc 2 'problem' and use minimserver's merge feature, as I assumed it was down to the Naim app (even though it didn't happen with Synology media server).

Nick

PS. I don't intend changing the tags back again!

What did you change "from" and "to"? Is it working OK for you with update 88?

I basically removed 'Disc 1' etc. from the album name so that the name was the same for all tracks across all discs. The merge function works fine in the Naim app, thanks Simon
18-06-2016, 17:17
(17-06-2016 21:08)simoncn Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 22:26)simoncn Wrote:  I have reproduced the problem with the ">> Disc n" separators not showing in the Cambridge Connect app. I will do some experiments to see if I can persuade the app to make them appear.

From my experiments, I have concluded that it will not be possible to make the ">> Disc n" separators appear in the Cambridge app unless the Cambridge app is changed to allow this.

I have not had any other problem reports about this. Has anyone else using any other control point experienced this problem of albums being merged without the ">> Disc n" separators being shown?
Without the ">> Disc n" separators appearing in merged multidiscs it is not possible to select a specific album. The Cambridge Connect app selects all merged albums .
It is working fine with Bubble UPnP, Lumin and PlugPlayer.
Most of the time I use the Cambridge Connect app because this app provides the possibility to select the digital inputs present on the StreamMagic 6 renderer.
I think I am going to remove the ",'' in "album name, Disc n" to achieve the multi-discs being separated again.
I am willing to contact the Cambridge Audio app developers if there is some information about the reason why the ">> Disc n" separators do not appear in the Connect app.
18-06-2016, 18:31
The ">> Disc n" separator has a upnp:class value of 'object.container'. From my experiments, the Cambridge app will only display album contents with a UPnP class of 'object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'.

The UPnP specification allows album contents to be either 'object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' or 'object.container.album.musicAlbum'. This means that MinimServer is not strictly compliant with the UPnP specification in the way it formats multidisc albums, although it seems that most or all other control points support this usage.

I tried changng the ">> Disc n" separator to 'object.container.album.musicAlbum' in order to be strictly compliant with the UPnP specification but the Cambridge app still didn't display it.

I am considering introducing a new property to disable album merging when the album title contains a "disc" suffix (in various formats). Before I make a final decision on this, I would be interested to hear whether the Cambridge app developers are willing to remove the current limitation.
25-06-2016, 16:01
(18-06-2016 18:31)simoncn Wrote:  The ">> Disc n" separator has a upnp:class value of 'object.container'. From my experiments, the Cambridge app will only display album contents with a UPnP class of 'object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'.

The UPnP specification allows album contents to be either 'object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' or 'object.container.album.musicAlbum'. This means that MinimServer is not strictly compliant with the UPnP specification in the way it formats multidisc albums, although it seems that most or all other control points support this usage.

I tried changng the ">> Disc n" separator to 'object.container.album.musicAlbum' in order to be strictly compliant with the UPnP specification but the Cambridge app still didn't display it.

I am considering introducing a new property to disable album merging when the album title contains a "disc" suffix (in various formats). Before I make a final decision on this, I would be interested to hear whether the Cambridge app developers are willing to remove the current limitation.
I have asked the CA app developers to remove this current limitation or make it otherwise ( within UPnP specifications) possible to use the >> Disc N separator in combination with the CA Connect app.
The >>Disc separator does show correctly after update 88 in the "old" SteamMagic app. I just checked this for testing purposes since this app lost its functionality using the current Firmware .

Peter
25-06-2016, 20:45
(25-06-2016 16:01)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I have asked the CA app developers to remove this current limitation or make it otherwise ( within UPnP specifications) possible to use the >> Disc N separator in combination with the CA Connect app.
The >>Disc separator does show correctly after update 88 in the "old" SteamMagic app. I just checked this for testing purposes since this app lost its functionality using the current Firmware .

Peter

Thanks very much! It seems reasonable that the new app shouldn't remove functionality that worked in the old app.