Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with display of 2-disc albums
04-06-2016, 17:52 (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 17:54 by simoncn.)
RE: Problem with display of 2-disc albums
(04-06-2016 15:35)Bill74 Wrote:  I think that would be useful. Although I've titled a fair few of my multi-disc albums with a qualifier after the disc number, e.g. "Album name, Disc n, Live" or "Album name, Disc n, Studio" - how would that affect things? Thanks for looking at this.

Titles of this form would not be merged. You would need to retitle them as "Album name, Disc n". You could use the DISCSUBTITLE tag to capture the Studio and Live information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2016, 17:56
(04-06-2016 12:10)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  It has been a wile since I had the same problem (using the "old" StreamMagic app)and was convinced it had nothing to do with tagging.
I recently noticed that albums with a separate Disc tag (Disc 1/2, 2/2 e.g.) do have the >> Disc 2 appearance and albums without this tag don't.
Maybe the same for the Naim app.

Regards, Peter

The ">> Disc 2" is intended as a separator between different discs in a merged multidisc album. I would not expect to see in an album disc that has not been merged. I will try some experiments and post back here.
04-06-2016, 18:19
(04-06-2016 17:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 12:10)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  It has been a while since I had the same problem (using the "old" StreamMagic app)and was convinced it had nothing to do with tagging.
I recently noticed that albums with a separate Disc tag (Disc 1/2, 2/2 e.g.) do have the >> Disc 2 appearance and albums without this tag don't.
Maybe the same for the Naim app.

Regards, Peter

The ">> Disc 2" is intended as a separator between different discs in a merged multidisc album. I would not expect to see in an album disc that has not been merged. I will try some experiments and post back here.
The Naim users do in this case have problems with album art.
Is the >> separator related to album art?
14-06-2016, 11:21
(04-06-2016 18:19)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  The Naim users do in this case have problems with album art.
Is the >> separator related to album art?

No, it is related to multidisc albums.
14-06-2016, 11:24
(04-06-2016 17:56)simoncn Wrote:  The ">> Disc 2" is intended as a separator between different discs in a merged multidisc album. I would not expect to see in an album disc that has not been merged. I will try some experiments and post back here.

I have made the following changes in update 88 (now available):

1) Eliminate the ">> Disc n" separator if only a single disc is being displayed

2) Recognise the format "Album name, disc n" in addition to "Album name [disc n]" and "Album name (disc n)"
14-06-2016, 17:41
(14-06-2016 11:24)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 17:56)simoncn Wrote:  The ">> Disc 2" is intended as a separator between different discs in a merged multidisc album. I would not expect to see in an album disc that has not been merged. I will try some experiments and post back here.

I have made the following changes in update 88 (now available):

1) Eliminate the ">> Disc n" separator if only a single disc is being displayed

2) Recognise the format "Album name, disc n" in addition to "Album name [disc n]" and "Album name (disc n)"

Hi Simon,

In the Cambridge Connect app, albums that where not merged now are merged.
There is no separator displayed between the albums.

Regards, Peter
14-06-2016, 18:11 (This post was last modified: 14-06-2016 18:14 by simoncn.)
(14-06-2016 17:41)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Regards, Peter

What are the Album tags for the discs of this album? If they are of the form "Album name, disc n", this explains why the discs are now being merged.

It is possible that the Cambridge Connect app is removing the separator. I am seeing the separator when using other control points. Another possibility is that the Cambridge Connect app has sorted the separator into a different position in the list of tracks (perhaps the end of the list).
14-06-2016, 19:29
(14-06-2016 18:11)simoncn Wrote:  

Regards, Peter

What are the Album tags for the discs of this album? If they are of the form "Album name, disc n", this explains why the discs are now being merged.

It is possible that the Cambridge Connect app is removing the separator. I am seeing the separator when using other control points. Another possibility is that the Cambridge Connect app has sorted the separator into a different position in the list of tracks (perhaps the end of the list).
The tags are of the form "Album name, Disc n".
I just noticed not all albums are being merged.(the same in bubble UPnP)
They seemed to be tagged the same way, haven't figured out why some albums are merged while others aren't.
In some of the now merged albums there is something strange going on with track numbers.    
The Connect app has not sorted the separator in a different position it simply isn't there.
14-06-2016, 20:57
(14-06-2016 19:29)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 18:11)simoncn Wrote:  

Regards, Peter

The tags are of the form "Album name, Disc n".
I just noticed not all albums are being merged.(the same in bubble UPnP)
They seemed to be tagged the same way, haven't figured out why some albums are merged while others aren't.
In some of the now merged albums there is something strange going on with track numbers.
The Connect app has not sorted the separator in a different position it simply isn't there.
To merge or not to merge that is............
The album that wasn't merged was tagged slightly different.
"Being There (24/88.2), Disc 1" vs. "Being There (24/88,2), Disc 2".
Probably also small differences in the other un-merged albums.

Peter
14-06-2016, 21:48
Ironically, I recently changed album tags on my multi-disc albums to overcome the >>>Disc 2 'problem' and use minimserver's merge feature, as I assumed it was down to the Naim app (even though it didn't happen with Synology media server).

Nick

PS. I don't intend changing the tags back again!