Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to handle Artist and Albumartist
22-12-2016, 23:23
RE: How to handle Artist and Albumartist
You can't do tag value substitutions in a prefix or suffix. I think you will either have to live with the display format you have now or do some retagging.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2016, 17:07
Looks like that .. one can't have it all ... but I surely keep myself from merging differnt content into a single tagframe. Did that decades earlier. A real pain in the end, since merging is lots easier but getting things seperated some years later when software catched up, able to handle things.

Anyway most things solved with the help of you and this forum. Great.
23-12-2016, 18:11
(23-12-2016 17:07)aliasname Wrote:  Anyway most things solved with the help of you and this forum. Great.

and just after having written these lines I digged the user manual a bit more, which made me doing a tagUpdate file containing combinations like these:
@DATE=1970
&RELEASEYEAR=1970
-RELEASEYEAR=1970
[... till year 2016]
results in an error. so the -+= only act upon the name starting with @
since if doing it the other way round:
@RELEASEYEAR=1970
&DATE=1970
-RELEASEYEAR=1970
[... until 2016]
Which gives no error @all by minimserver when doing a rescan, but which also shows no effect.
I expected that the RELEASEYEAR would get blanked in case it equals with the content of the date?
I doublechecked that my flac to have these TAGS and with an equal value.
23-12-2016, 20:32
The second version should work. I will try it to check but probably not until after Christmas.
24-12-2016, 12:58
(23-12-2016 20:32)simoncn Wrote:  The second version should work. I will try it to check but probably not until after Christmas.
No problem .. beside wishing that santa brings me some more intact braincells so that I get things configured the right way on the first attempt I currently do check absenxe or missleading information resulting out of too many differnt programs writing too many similar metadata to the tags.

Always a wise idea to get this fixed before complaning about the server doing unexpected things.
03-01-2017, 15:48
(23-12-2016 18:11)aliasname Wrote:  @RELEASEYEAR=1970
&DATE=1970
-RELEASEYEAR=1970
[... until 2016]

I tried this and it is working for me. Is it possible that your DATE tags are in yyyy-mm-dd format?
03-01-2017, 16:40 (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 16:51 by aliasname.)
(03-01-2017 15:48)simoncn Wrote:  I tried this and it is working for me. Is it possible that your DATE tags are in yyyy-mm-dd format?

Nope, spent more but a day to get these rarely seen date metadata turned into year only. But I still can't get this to work.
Perhaps it's a combination of my setup which makes me think if fails or won't do the trick as expected?
I got a myTagsUpdate.txt containing such combinations, of
@REALEASEYEAR=xxxx <== 4-digit year
@DATE=xxxx <== same year here
-RELEASEYEAR=xxxx same year here
[ .... 4 decades defined like this]
and in Properties/Advanced the line tagUpdate points to that file.

in tagformat I defined the albums to look like this: (spaces as underlines here to prevent missinterpretation)
album.displayFormat={$album^$albumsubtitle^[^]_$date^_<$albumversion^_^$releaseyear^_^>}
What I did now expect is the following:
In case an album got a date set to 1970 and a releasedata of a remaster being 2009 it should appear like this:
ALBUM [SUBTITLE] 1970 <REMASTER> 2009
And in case the releasedata is equal to the inital recording date eg. date and releasedate both 1970 i expected:
ALBZM [SUBTITLE] 1970 <REMASTER>
since the the releasedate got blanked due to the myTagsUpdate having wiped it's content.

At which point I'm wrong?

Had look at the log (trace mode) but unfortunately I see nothing but a line that my myTagsUpdate.txt was read by the server. But I can't see any lines when at files where the trace would say "date replaced due to tagupdate ..or something similar. But I'm unsure if it would throw messages that deep that one would get informed by the log.
03-01-2017, 16:55
I tested by adding ReleaseYear to indexTags and making the same tagUpdate change as you.

This is a good way to see what tags are in your library after tagUpdate processing has happened. If you do this, are the "removed" ReleaseYear tags actually removed?
03-01-2017, 17:56
Oh dear ... shame on me ... If I let you know why it failed you won't replay to me aghain ... sigh.
As said I defined 2 decades in for tagreplacing. 1970 - 1990
then I found an artist which had 4 albums which excellently matches for a test since 1 album had identical date/releaseyear without an albumversion info, the other with an albumsubtitle and the next with an albumversion and the last one with differnt dates.
Only problem ... all these albums were of course outside the defined tagreplacement years ... grrrrrrr.

Perhaps (unsure if possible) it would be a nice idea to have a marker in the log (verbose or even debug) upon each processed directory or tracks if tagupdate definitions were taken into account. Since I would have surely noticed that lots earlier.

Thanks a lot for your replies ... and especially for the idea to check it using the indextas field. Something I must remember for future issues I might run into.
03-01-2017, 18:30
We have all done things like that. Sad

You can use the writeTagChanges property to write a log of all tag changes made by the tagUpdates file.