RE: Unable to start on AsusWRT-Merlin with optware-ng
(13-05-2016 23:55)z4r9 Wrote:  
Code:
# ldd tmp/native/libohNet.so
-sh: tmp/native/libohNet.so: Permission denied
# chmod +x tmp/native/libohNet.so
Segmentation fault
And a new problem. Perhaps I need to compile libohNet for uClibc specifically?
Edit: Might be relevant https://www.uclibc.org/FAQ.html#ldd

Have you tried what it says in the FAQ (build a special ldd and run it on libohNet.so)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2016, 10:46
(14-05-2016 12:07)simoncn Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 23:55)z4r9 Wrote:  
Code:
-sh: tmp/native/libohNet.so: Permission denied
# chmod +x tmp/native/libohNet.so
Segmentation fault
And a new problem. Perhaps I need to compile libohNet for uClibc specifically?
Edit: Might be relevant https://www.uclibc.org/FAQ.html#ldd

Have you tried what it says in the FAQ (build a special ldd and run it on libohNet.so)?
I made libohNet.so for optware-ng using a toolchain built with OpenADK and Minim Server loaded the resulting file successfully once placed in the corresponding ZIP file.

I now need to do the same for libohNetJni.so but when I try to make ohNet using the ohNetJavaAll target I get an error that it can't find /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/arm/server/libjvm.so suggesting the need to find a way to cross compile for Java. I tried building the openjdk7 package for openadk but I get an error: http://pastebin.com/v6ESWBwb

I'll keep plugging away at it because I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track now.
15-05-2016, 14:19
(15-05-2016 10:46)z4r9 Wrote:  I made libohNet.so for optware-ng using a toolchain built with OpenADK and Minim Server loaded the resulting file successfully once placed in the corresponding ZIP file.

This is good progress.

Quote:I now need to do the same for libohNetJni.so but when I try to make ohNet using the ohNetJavaAll target I get an error that it can't find /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/arm/server/libjvm.so suggesting the need to find a way to cross compile for Java. I tried building the openjdk7 package for openadk but I get an error: http://pastebin.com/v6ESWBwb

I'll keep plugging away at it because I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track now.

As you are able to start MinimServer, I presume you have a compatible version of Java already installed. This Java installation should contain a libjvm.so file that is suitable for linking. You might need to set some variables to persuade the ohNet makefile to use this library.,

It is better to use the ohNetJava target instead of ohNetJavaAll.
16-05-2016, 15:45
After making Open JDK with OpenADK I had to copy the relevant ARM libs into my existing Java install in order for it to work, for some reason. Anyway, I took the resulting libohNetJni.so and packaged it in the ZIP along with the other lib but Minim Server wouldn't start with the same error as previous. I sent an strace to the very helpful dev of OpenADK and he suggested I place my newly made libs into libsys/ instead of the ZIP which worked and I was able to start Minim Server. I did re-test putting the original libs from the ZIP into libsys but no dice. They had to be recompiled *and* placed in libsys/ for Minim Server to run. He said this is probably due to a bug in uClibc.
17-05-2016, 10:43
(16-05-2016 15:45)z4r9 Wrote:  After making Open JDK with OpenADK I had to copy the relevant ARM libs into my existing Java install in order for it to work, for some reason. Anyway, I took the resulting libohNetJni.so and packaged it in the ZIP along with the other lib but Minim Server wouldn't start with the same error as previous. I sent an strace to the very helpful dev of OpenADK and he suggested I place my newly made libs into libsys/ instead of the ZIP which worked and I was able to start Minim Server. I did re-test putting the original libs from the ZIP into libsys but no dice. They had to be recompiled *and* placed in libsys/ for Minim Server to run. He said this is probably due to a bug in uClibc.

I think this is the first time anyone has used libsys (other than myself for testing) and I am pleased it has been useful for making MinimServer work in your environment.