Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Novice user trying to get started
20-04-2016, 18:13
RE: Novice user trying to get started
(19-04-2016 19:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 15:49)Robert Wrote:  The log messages were produced by right-clicking on the green Minim icon in the system tray and choosing options-show log (watch) as you advised earlier. I do have the latest version of Java 64bit installed: I installed it before I could install MininWatch 64. I have just downloaded the jarfix program and got a "you have successfully registered jarfix" message, so I guess it has been installed, though I can't find it in my all apps list. But double clicking (left and then right) on the MinimWatch icon still doesn't produce a menu.

OK, as you have confirmed that you have a green minim icon in the system tray, this means you have MinimWatch and Java installed correctly and MinimWatch is working correctly.

When you right-click on the minim icon in the system tray, you get a menu with various choices that are described on this page. These are the only choices that are available.

The reference to double-clicking wasn't for the minim icon in the system tray but for the MinimWatch launch icon (not the same thing) on your desktop. I presume you double-clicked this launch icon after starting Windows to produce the minim icon in the system tray.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2016, 18:19
Thanks yet again. You must be getting bored with my little problem, but I still can't get the menu when double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon on the left-hand side of the screen. The options-log from the system tray says it's working, but without the menu I can't operate it. Despite downloading jarfix, I still get the "non-association" message when I right-click on the launch icon and click "how to open this file". In fact jarfix doesn't show up in my applications list, so perhaps it hasn't been installed even though I got a message after the installation process saying it has been "registered".
20-04-2016, 20:24
(20-04-2016 18:19)Robert Wrote:  Thanks yet again. You must be getting bored with my little problem, but I still can't get the menu when double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon on the left-hand side of the screen. The options-log from the system tray says it's working, but without the menu I can't operate it. Despite downloading jarfix, I still get the "non-association" message when I right-click on the launch icon and click "how to open this file". In fact jarfix doesn't show up in my applications list, so perhaps it hasn't been installed even though I got a message after the installation process saying it has been "registered".

I have been trying to explain that double-clicking the MinimWatch launch icon on the left-hand side of the screen does not produce a menu. It launches MinimWatch and shows a minim icon in the system tray. To get the menu, you need to right-click on this minim icon.

To run Jarfix, you need to double-click on the Jarfix program (jarfix.exe) that you downloaded from the Jarfix web page. Jarfix does not show in your list of installed applications.
12-07-2021, 06:53
Dear Simon

Most of my music is on a QNAP TS 253A NAS. My minimserver is also hosted on the NAS. And those shares are added to contentdir in minimserver (/share/Media/Music) and am able to use them for the last several years.

I have now added a Innuos Zen Mini as a streamer/CD ripper and storage. Some of my music will be stored on the Zen Mini which is on the same network and is visible on the network by the IP address.

I tried adding the Zen Mini to content dir but am getting an error message. Wanted to ask what is the correct syntax? I tried the following:

/share/x.x.x.x/Music
/share/Zen Mini Music Server/Music

\\x.x.x.x\Music - which is the Windows syntax.

None of these are working. Will you be able to advise on what would be the right syntax for adding a content directory?

Many thanks as always!

Best

NH

Now I want to also add the
12-07-2021, 11:52
(12-07-2021 06:53)NH68 Wrote:  I tried adding the Zen Mini to content dir but am getting an error message. Wanted to ask what is the correct syntax? I tried the following:

/share/x.x.x.x/Music
/share/Zen Mini Music Server/Music

\\x.x.x.x\Music - which is the Windows syntax.

You will need to mount the external folder first.

Try this QNAP help page.
12-07-2021, 12:28 (This post was last modified: 12-07-2021 12:30 by simoncn.)
When posting to the forum, please start a new thread unless you are sure the topic of your post is the same as the topic of an existing thread. This makes it easier for other users to find information related to the topic of your post. In this case, although the existing thread also mentions Innuos Zen, the topic of the existing thread is completely different (how to launch MinimWatch on Windows).

To use a shared folder from the Innuos Zen in MinimServer on your QNAP NAS, you need to use HybridMount to create a remote mount on the QNAP for the Innuos shared folder. See this page for details of how to do this. Make sure you have "Share access to this mounted folder" enabled (the default setting).

When you have the folder mounted, it will be visible in File Station as a shared folder and you can use the path /share/xxx in contentDir, where xxx is the name you chose for "connection name" in HybridMount.

Edit: posted this before seeing Alandbush's reply.
12-07-2021, 17:28
Thanks Simon and Alandbush. This is very helpful. And apologies for not creating a new thread.

Best

NH