Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qnap TS-131
17-04-2016, 19:32
Qnap TS-131
Hi, I have purchased a Qnap TS-131. After the NAS install, I installed minim server and minim watch. Minim server and minim watch runs fine. The problem I have is after loading the NAS, from my external harddrive, via Qfinder, networkunit, multimedia, music, I can see all my music files in the filestation (see attachement) but I can’t see them in my Ipad. I can see some of them, and play them. But far from everything in my music collection. There is a lot missing when looking in the Linn Kazoo App in my Ipad. I have reloaded the NAS from my external harddrive.
I had some problems with WinRar on my recent NAS, a Synology DS115. Therefore, I have uninstalled the WinRar. When downloading minim server, I don’t remember if I choosed the ARM soft float or the ARM hard float, if relevant or not? I can’t say that I know which one to use on the TS-131. Please give me some guidelines how to solve this. Thank you

Attached File(s)
.docx  Filestation.docx (Size: 126.48 KB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2016, 20:22 (This post was last modified: 17-04-2016 20:22 by Peter@57m.)
RE: Qnap TS-131
This may be a tagging issue. Can you see all your music through the folder view? Also do you have an album or artist Unknown where all your missing music may be hiding?

Check the log file in MinimWatch and see if you have a lot of errors as MinimServer starts up or does a rescan.

Do you use flac files? What did you use to tag your music?

How did you play your music before you got the QNAP?

Peter
QNAP 559 ProII, Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Linn, Lumin & Kazoo
17-04-2016, 21:33
(17-04-2016 19:32)VBU Wrote:  When downloading minim server, I don’t remember if I choosed the ARM soft float or the ARM hard float, if relevant or not? I can’t say that I know which one to use on the TS-131.

You should install MinimServer from the QNAP App Center. This will automatically give the correct version for your NAS.

As MinimServer is running and you can see some of your music library, this means you have downloaded and installed the correct version.

The advice from Peter@57m is good and it should help you find the cause of the problem.
19-04-2016, 06:45
(17-04-2016 20:22)Peter@57m Wrote:  This may be a tagging issue. Can you see all your music through the folder view? Also do you have an album or artist Unknown where all your missing music may be hiding?

Check the log file in MinimWatch and see if you have a lot of errors as MinimServer starts up or does a rescan.

Do you use flac files? What did you use to tag your music?

How did you play your music before you got the QNAP?

Thank you for quick respons on my problem. Yes I can see all my music files in the folder view. I have not been able to find an album artist Unknown where the missing music may be hiding.

I check the logfile in minimwatch, and yes, it was a lot of errors.

Yes I use Flac files only. Sorry I don’t understant what you mean by the question what I use to tag my music? Can you please explain?

Also, after a lot of work trying to solv all this, I uninstalled everything from the download in in windows. I also uninstalled it from the controlpanel. No my PC was ”clean” from everything including java.

I checked the Qnap NAS Appcenter. Minim server is still green and also running in the status page. But, I could not reinstall minimwatch, or, I can install it, but I can’t open it. The windows extract page will not open (please see attachment) and if I rightclick on the downloaded file too choose another app to open with, it will get me back to the windows extract page. I had problems earlier with downloading to my PC. But, that was with WinRAr. Is there a Connection?

I then tried to download minim watch with Google Chrome, who downloaded minim watch, extracted it, I got the short cut on my PC desktop, but, could not open it.

What webbrowser is prefered to use, if any?

There was also problems when installing the Qnap NAS Apps. Some of them was stopped by the firewall, like the photoapp, and the qnap media streaming add-on app. I haven’t ask that question on qnap forum yet to solved that.

Seems that my problem to see the files is something I havet o solve later.

I’m thankful for any help I can get. And apologize for any bad English in this conversation.

Attached File(s)
.docx  Trying to open minimwatch and java.docx (Size: 154.29 KB / Downloads: 7)
19-04-2016, 12:11
(19-04-2016 06:45)VBU Wrote:  I checked the Qnap NAS Appcenter. Minim server is still green and also running in the status page. But, I could not reinstall minimwatch, or, I can install it, but I can’t open it. The windows extract page will not open (please see attachment) and if I rightclick on the downloaded file too choose another app to open with, it will get me back to the windows extract page. I had problems earlier with downloading to my PC. But, that was with WinRAr. Is there a Connection?

The screenshot shows that you have downloaded the wrong version of MinimWatch (a Linux version). If you carefully follow all the instructions on this page, it should work. It doesn't matter which browser you use to do the download.
19-04-2016, 17:35
(19-04-2016 12:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 06:45)VBU Wrote:  I checked the Qnap NAS Appcenter. Minim server is still green and also running in the status page. But, I could not reinstall minimwatch, or, I can install it, but I can’t open it. The windows extract page will not open (please see attachment) and if I rightclick on the downloaded file too choose another app to open with, it will get me back to the windows extract page. I had problems earlier with downloading to my PC. But, that was with WinRAr. Is there a Connection?

The screenshot shows that you have downloaded the wrong version of MinimWatch (a Linux version). If you carefully follow all the instructions on this page, it should work. It doesn't matter which browser you use to do the download.

Ok, my mistake, but I'm afraid it didn't work with the correct version either. I described it in the attached Word document. Please take some time to study it. Thank you

Attached File(s)
.docx  Downloaded the correct version for WindowsX64.docx (Size: 483.75 KB / Downloads: 3)
19-04-2016, 18:03
Please see this post

http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...7#pid20547

I think this is the problem that Windows is not recognising what to do with a jar file
21-04-2016, 18:18
Dear Simon and Peter, Thank you so much for your support. Yes, I did some mistakes, but now everything is working perfectly.
And I can enjoy my flac files of Music. Again, many thanks. Best regards.
21-04-2016, 18:23
Excellent - glad to know you are up and running successfully