Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no Java 8
23-04-2016, 08:50
RE: no Java 8
(23-04-2016 02:25)rogerdn Wrote:  The app/Data folder has several minimserver.log files and -out.log, but copy/paste doesn't work going from Synology to your screen. A screenshot is too large to upload.

You would need to download the files to a PC using File Station and attach them as file attachments to a post here.

Quote:And I just realized in my Main Menu screen the minimserver icon is not active, I get 'Windows cannot open...', is this normal ?

You should not be trying to run MinimServer on Windows.

Quote:Don't understand why I would not have Java 8 if nonesup has ??

I believe you have discussed this with Synology already. Perhaps nonesup has a different model of NAS. MinimServer works with Java 7, so this shouldn't cause any problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 01:22
(23-04-2016 08:50)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 02:25)rogerdn Wrote:  The app/Data folder has several minimserver.log files and -out.log, but copy/paste doesn't work going from Synology to your screen. A screenshot is too large to upload.

You would need to download the files to a PC using File Station and attach them as file attachments to a post here.

Quote:And I just realized in my Main Menu screen the minimserver icon is not active, I get 'Windows cannot open...', is this normal ?

Found some in both places,

You should not be trying to run MinimServer on Windows.

Quote:Don't understand why I would not have Java 8 if nonesup has ??

I believe you have discussed this with Synology already. Perhaps nonesup has a different model of NAS. MinimServer works with Java 7, so this shouldn't cause any problems.

Attached File(s)
.html  syslog_2016-4-23-20_18_36.html (Size: 715 bytes / Downloads: 4)
.zip  appData.zip (Size: 39.66 KB / Downloads: 3)
24-04-2016, 09:17
These log files show that you are using the wrong version of MinimServer for your NAS model and DSM version. If you are not running DSM 6.0, you need a different MinimServer package. This would also explain why you are not seeing the Java8 package in Package Center.

Please download and install the latest version of the Minimserver Synology Intel install package (MinimServer-0.8.4-intel.spk). This should solve the problem.
24-04-2016, 13:41
[attachment=1170]
(24-04-2016 09:17)simoncn Wrote:  These log files show that you are using the wrong version of MinimServer for your NAS model and DSM version. If you are not running DSM 6.0, you need a different MinimServer package. This would also explain why you are not seeing the Java8 package in Package Center.

Please download and install the latest version of the Minimserver Synology Intel install package (MinimServer-0.8.4-intel.spk). This should solve the problem.

I don't understand, I do have DSM 6. 0 latest build.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

24-04-2016, 15:01
(24-04-2016 13:41)rogerdn Wrote:  I don't understand, I do have DSM 6. 0 latest build.

I don't understand either. Please try the download that I recommended (MinimServer-0.8.4-intel.spk) and let me know whether it works.
24-04-2016, 18:55
Bravo, that did it, I uninstalled old first, but what was the prob ? I'm sure I had that same file installed. Btw still don't see a Java 7 so your thinking not for mine is prob right but yes it's working fine. Thks for hanging in there.