Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Launch Minimserver
03-04-2016, 15:02
Unable to Launch Minimserver
After upgrading to DSM6.0 in my Synology DS416, I have installed Java 8 and MinimServer for the armv7 version of Java and Minimserver according to the instruction.

When I try to launch Minimserver in Main Menu in my Synology, I am not able to go the content management page in brower but 9790-unable to go the site was shown.

I'd like to know how to go to the content page. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 17:38
RE: Unable to Launch Minimserver
Is minimserver running? If so you can find the minimserver icon in the service icon view in one of the left buttons in the top bar of the DSM screen. Clicking this should open the web status page of minimserver.
04-04-2016, 03:17 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2016 05:11 by Johnlovesjazz.)
in the RECENT LOG both Java and MinimServer have been successfully installed, and in the package center, it is running. While I couldn't see that service icon in the DSM screen
in the minimserver log:
no content directory selected
error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'
04-04-2016, 12:27 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2016 12:33 by simoncn.)
(04-04-2016 03:17)Johnlovesjazz Wrote:  in the RECENT LOG both Java and MinimServer have been successfully installed, and in the package center, it is running. While I couldn't see that service icon in the DSM screen
in the minimserver log:
no content directory selected
error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'

You should be able to view the status web page when there isn't a content directory selected, then select the content directory by following the tutorial instructions on this page.

Do you have a firewall enabled in your security settings? This might be blocking access to port 9790.
05-04-2016, 14:55
switching browser to firefox and it's running and launched. Thanks.