Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch Error on Installation
02-04-2016, 09:50
MinimWatch Error on Installation
Hi, I'm trying to install MinimWatch on my Vista Laptop but it is currently greyed out and is red with the following error:-

MinimWatch: unexpected exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data\tmp\native\ohnet.dII: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

I'm not great with computers but have managed to install MinimServer on my Synology DS213J and have installed Java 8 update 77.

I've tried uninstalling MinimWatch, restarting the Laptop and reinstalling again but still the same error.

Any help, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Russ.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 10:40
RE: MinimWatch Error on Installation
(02-04-2016 09:50)russt Wrote:  Hi, I'm trying to install MinimWatch on my Vista Laptop but it is currently greyed out and is red with the following error:-

MinimWatch: unexpected exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data\tmp\native\ohnet.dII: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

I'm not great with computers but have managed to install MinimServer on my Synology DS213J and have installed Java 8 update 77.

I've tried uninstalling MinimWatch, restarting the Laptop and reinstalling again but still the same error.

Any help, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Russ.

This error might mean you have tried to start MinimWatch while MinimWatch is already running. Another possibility is that the laptop is running an antivirus scan and this scan is locking a file that is required to run MinimWatch.

Please try restarting the laptop without uninstalling MinimWatch. After doing this, look in the system tray and the system tray overflow area (the upward-pointing triangle in the system tray) to see if there is a MinimWatch icon.

If there is no MinimWatch icon in the system tray or the system tray overflow area, double-click the MinimWatch launch icon on the desktop, then look in the system tray and the system tray overflow area to see if there is a MinimWatch icon.

If the MinimWatch icon is appearing in the system tray overflow area and you want to move it to the system tray, you can use the system tray "Customize" option to select "Show icon and notifications".
02-04-2016, 11:52 (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 12:04 by russt.)
Hi Simon, by 'system tray' do you mean the taskbar in the bottom right corner with the clock etc? This is where the MinimWatch icon is located. Showing grayed out and red.

I have restarted the laptop and have no icon in the taskbar or MinimWatch launch icon on the desktop.

If I then find the program from the start menu and click on it, the icon reappears in the taskbar with the same error message as before.
02-04-2016, 12:40
Have you tried looking in the overflow area (click the upward pointing triangle) to see if there is another minim icon there?

Please also check the Processes tab of Task Manager to see how many javaw.exe processes are running.
02-04-2016, 13:34
I don't seem to have an upward pointing triangle within the taskbar and checking the processes tab within the task manager I have one javaw.exe running.

Any other ideas?
02-04-2016, 14:13
(02-04-2016 13:34)russt Wrote:  I don't seem to have an upward pointing triangle within the taskbar and checking the processes tab within the task manager I have one javaw.exe running.

Any other ideas?

Perhaps the overflow area is empty and Windows doesn't show the triangle unless there is something in the overflow area.

It seems the ohnet.dll file is locked by some other process (not MinimWatch or Java). Do you have an antivirus progam running that might be doing this? You might get some clues from the Processes tab in Task Manager.
02-04-2016, 14:57
Simon, managed to get it working by disabling my Panda anti virus, exiting MinimWatch, then restarting MinimWatch from the start menu. The icon has now turned green. Then I have turned the Panda Anti-virus back on. If I now restart the laptop though, the MinimWatch icon is not in the taskbar and I have to go through the same procedure again.

Should MinimWatch be running all the time or only when I need it and finally how do I transcode from FLAC to WAV?

Many thanks

Russ
02-04-2016, 18:09 (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 18:10 by simoncn.)
MinimWatch doesn't start automatically unless you copy the launch icon to the Startup folder.

You don't need to run MinimWatch all the time but it is useful to do this because you get an immediate notification if there is any problem with MinimServer.

To transcode from FLAC to WAV, you need to install MinimStreamer (see this page) and then set the stream.transcode property as described in this section.
02-04-2016, 18:22
Thank you Simon, all sorted!