Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streamer can't 'see' Minim Server
01-04-2016, 23:19
Streamer can't 'see' Minim Server
I installed MinimServer on my Synology DS212j today (after Java) and the package is 'running' and I can see it as present. I have now figured out how to point it towards the correct directory on my NAS where my music is stored so all appears ok.

However when I use my streamer, a Naim Unitiqute 2 also hard wired to the network, it can't see Minim installed at all and doesn't give me the option to select it. I only have Synology's Audio Station and can't figure this out.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 10:24
RE: Streamer can't 'see' Minim Server
(01-04-2016 23:19)Kewsea Wrote:  I installed MinimServer on my Synology DS212j today (after Java) and the package is 'running' and I can see it as present. I have now figured out how to point it towards the correct directory on my NAS where my music is stored so all appears ok.

However when I use my streamer, a Naim Unitiqute 2 also hard wired to the network, it can't see Minim installed at all and doesn't give me the option to select it. I only have Synology's Audio Station and can't figure this out.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Are you using the Naim app on iOS or Android to control the Unitiqute? This app should be able to find MinimServer and play music on the Unitiqute. Synology Audio Station can't be used to control the Unitiqute.
02-04-2016, 11:23
(02-04-2016 10:24)simoncn Wrote:  Are you using the Naim app on iOS or Android to control the Unitiqute? This app should be able to find MinimServer and play music on the Unitiqute. Synology Audio Station can't be used to control the Unitiqute.

Thanks for the reply. I am using the following:

Naim remote
iOS app
QuteControl app on MacBook Pro

Prior to installing Minim all of the above worked using Synology's Audio Station so not sure how you get to it not working? That was the only UPnP server on my NAS.

However, bizarrely, this morning all appears to be working which I can't fathom at all as all I have done is slept since the installation!
02-04-2016, 12:31
I think you must be referring to Synology Media Server, not Synology Audio Station.

I'm glad to hear it is working now. If you have any more discovery problems like this, they are likely to be caused by multicast issues with your network. If you can disable IGMP snooping on your network routers and switches, this should help.