Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot start MinimServer on a Win10 PC
30-03-2016, 08:24
Cannot start MinimServer on a Win10 PC
Hello Simon,
since I installed Windows 10 on my notebook I run MinimServer (64-bit) without any problems. Now I tried to install it on a Windows 10 desktop and it refuses to start. The OS shows a message something like this (translated from my German surface):
"How should I open this file? Look for an app in store?"
Wondering if there was a difference between the notebook and the desktop installation I noticed that my nb uses jre-8u73 and the dt jre-8u77. Could this be the reason for the problem and is there a workaround to get MinimServer running on the dt?
Hubert
(I reinstalled Java, Jre and MinimServer at least 3 times without any success)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2016, 09:07
RE: Cannot start MinimServer on a Win10 PC
(30-03-2016 08:24)Hubert Wrote:  Hello Simon,
since I installed Windows 10 on my notebook I run MinimServer (64-bit) without any problems. Now I tried to install it on a Windows 10 desktop and it refuses to start. The OS shows a message something like this (translated from my German surface):
"How should I open this file? Look for an app in store?"
Wondering if there was a difference between the notebook and the desktop installation I noticed that my nb uses jre-8u73 and the dt jre-8u77. Could this be the reason for the problem and is there a workaround to get MinimServer running on the dt?
Hubert
(I reinstalled Java, Jre and MinimServer at least 3 times without any success)

This means the .jar file extension is not associated with the Java runtime. You should be able to use the jarfix program to fix this problem.
30-03-2016, 17:59
RE: Cannot start MinimServer on a Win10 PC
Thank you, now it works!