• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim on WHS 2011
14-03-2012, 11:41
Minim on WHS 2011
Hi

before I install, some questions:
- WHS 2011 runs on 64bit in my installation
- I have a normal Java 32 and 64 bit installation present

Since WHS is "headless", I can install software by remote-desktopping into it, of course.

Startup can be automated as well by applying rules to the Minim-exe (which I hope/think is present)

Please, can you give advice, what exe's, bat-files or whatever is needed for MinimServer to run, need to be "automated" by rules, so it can run as a service?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 18:56
RE: Minim on WHS 2011
(14-03-2012 11:41)dvdr Wrote:  before I install, some questions:
- WHS 2011 runs on 64bit in my installation
- I have a normal Java 32 and 64 bit installation present

This might cause some problems. I'm not aware of an easy way to discover which version of Java is the system default for launching .jar files. In my experience, the default is usually the last version of Java that was installed.

If you need to keep both versions of Java installed, I suggest you try downloading and installing the x64 version of MinimServer first. If you get an error message about not being able to load DLLs, uninstall MinimServer x64 and install MinimServer x86 instead.

Quote:Since WHS is "headless", I can install software by remote-desktopping into it, of course.

Startup can be automated as well by applying rules to the Minim-exe (which I hope/think is present)

Please, can you give advice, what exe's, bat-files or whatever is needed for MinimServer to run, need to be "automated" by rules, so it can run as a service?

There isn't a MinimServer .exe file. For manual launching of MinimServer, the launcher icon is associated with the minimserver.jar file, which has a Windows association to javaw.exe (this happens when you install Java). You could launch javaw.exe directly (making sure that you have the correct parameters and working directory) if this is easier to automate.

It's not possible currently to run MinimServer as a Windows service.

I suggest you start by running MinimServer manually first, to make sure that your installation is working properly. Then you can add the necessary startup rules.

It would be great if you could share your experience of getting this automation to work (hopefully successfully) Smile as a help to other users of MinimServer on WHS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply