Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching between network and USB for output
19-03-2016, 02:56
Switching between network and USB for output
I've a synology NAS connected via ethernet to a PS Audio Directstream, working beautifully. I also have a PS Audio Sprout I would like to use as a headphone amp. It takes optical, USB or bluetooth as inputs. I can stream to it from my linux laptop using mplayer. I'd like to be able to stream direct from the NAS. Hence two questions:
1) Can minimstreamer stream over USB at all? I don't see an option for choosing output.
If not then can minimserver use another streamer?
thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2016, 08:18
RE: Switching between network and USB for output
(19-03-2016 02:56)peter.rayner Wrote:  I've a synology NAS connected via ethernet to a PS Audio Directstream, working beautifully. I also have a PS Audio Sprout I would like to use as a headphone amp. It takes optical, USB or bluetooth as inputs. I can stream to it from my linux laptop using mplayer. I'd like to be able to stream direct from the NAS. Hence two questions:
1) Can minimstreamer stream over USB at all? I don't see an option for choosing output.
If not then can minimserver use another streamer?
thanks in advance

MinimServer and MinimStreamer can only stream across a network to a network-connected UPnP renderer. You would need to use some combination of hardware and software to provide a UPnP renderer capability that can play audio via your USB DAC. I believe there is a PS Audio Bridge that does this. Alternatively, you could use a Raspberry Pi running OpenHome Player (see this page). Other "streamer" boxes are also available.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply