Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help required to get BBC streams on Melco PLS
26-02-2016, 17:04
Help required to get BBC streams on Melco PLS
Hello,
I'm a real novice at this and would be grateful for some assistance to get the bbc aac streams playing on my Melco N1A as simon says should be possible.
The N1A is set up as upnp renderer direct to Chord dac with Lumin app being used as the control point.
Thanks to Simon I have MinimServer & MinimStreamer installed on the n1a and have followed the upnp renderer instructions page and have all the m3u files correctly showing in the playlists on Lumin app but no sound.
I now realize that this is because I don't have ffmpeg installed and all the transcode fields in minimwatch are empty.
This is where l've hit a brick wall, I need to install ffmpeg on the n1a right?
Is this possible?
How do I proceed?

Many thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2016, 23:20
RE: Help required to get BBC streams on Melco PLS
(26-02-2016 17:04)malkit Wrote:  Hello,
I'm a real novice at this and would be grateful for some assistance to get the bbc aac streams playing on my Melco N1A as simon says should be possible.
The N1A is set up as upnp renderer direct to Chord dac with Lumin app being used as the control point.
Thanks to Simon I have MinimServer & MinimStreamer installed on the n1a and have followed the upnp renderer instructions page and have all the m3u files correctly showing in the playlists on Lumin app but no sound.
I now realize that this is because I don't have ffmpeg installed and all the transcode fields in minimwatch are empty.
Is this possible?
How do I proceed?

Many thanks in advance.

You should be able to play the BBC AAC streams to a Chord DAC (connected via USB) using the Melco renderer without needing to use transcoding or having ffmpeg installed. This is working for me using the LUMIN app.
27-02-2016, 09:01
Are you using mode 0 or mode 1 in the USB-DAC settings on the Melco? I am using mode 1 and this is required by the LUMIN app.
27-02-2016, 09:54
(26-02-2016 17:04)malkit Wrote:  Hello,
Is this possible?
How do I proceed?

Many thanks in advance.

(27-02-2016 09:01)simoncn Wrote:  Are you using mode 0 or mode 1 in the USB-DAC settings on the Melco? I am using mode 1 and this is required by the LUMIN app.

I'm using mode 1 too and everything else works fine with Lumin app so I'm sure it isn't that.
I think the problem must be my m3u playlist files, have a plain text file with all the m3u addresses of the stations I want in the melco's library am I missing something ?
27-02-2016, 16:03
(27-02-2016 09:54)malkit Wrote:  I'm using mode 1 too and everything else works fine with Lumin app so I'm sure it isn't that.
I think the problem must be my m3u playlist files, have a plain text file with all the m3u addresses of the stations I want in the melco's library am I missing something ?

You need a .m3u playlist file containing the URLs for the BBC streams. There is a sample file here. After downloading this file, you need to rename it from 'BBC Radio.m3u.sample' to 'BBC Radio.m3u'. The URLs in this file work in the UK only and you will need to modify them if you are outside the UK.

After downloading and renaming this file, do a Rescan and then check the MinimServer log for error messages.
27-02-2016, 20:44
Thanks Simon thats done it, I had all the right URL's but was missing everything else.
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:- lines preceding URL's
All working fine now, thanks for taking the time to help me with this it's much appreciated.