Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can stream radio content to one renderer but not the other…
18-03-2016, 13:05
RE: I can stream radio content to one renderer but not the other…
(17-03-2016 21:50)simoncn Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 20:22)rich28 Wrote:  Apologises, I've got myself into pickle and by the sounds of it haven't been clear. When I first raised this issue I mentioned that using the *:wav setting the BBC HLS streams worked for one of my UPnP renderers, a Libratone wireless speaker, but not the other, my Pi running Moode Audio. Subsequent to that in one of my posts I mentioned that I had managed to get BBC HLS streams working on Pi using the *:wav16;44 setting , which as it transpires was a mistake - I can't get BBC HLS streams to playback to the Pi using this setting.

Hence, as it stands my Pi isn't playing ball with either *:wav or *:wav16;44. I have restarted BubbleUPnP Server, the control point and the pi, but this doesn't change anything.

However, if I assign *:mp3;320k to stream.transcode I can get BBC HLS streams to playback on both of my renderers, the Pi and my Libratone wireless speaker and I'm therefore going to stick with that setting

Thanks for clarifying. I have the same setup except for Kinsky instead of Kazoo and no BubbleUPnP Server. All transcoding settings are working for me. It might be worth asking about this on the BubbleUPnP forum.

OK, thanks for getting back to me. I will try to raise this issue with BubbleUPnP. Incidentally, I will add that after a short pause my pi does stream BBC HLS content using both the L16 and L24 settings. However, Moode Audio informs that in both causes the source is only mono and the rate is low, at best 160kbs. And neither of these settings work for my Libratone speaker, though perhaps this may be due to the fact that its an DNLA certified/airplay device which I suspect will impose limitations of it acting as a UPnP renderer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 19:18 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 19:53 by chrisjlm.)
Hi Simon,

Well interestingly I can stream the BBC streams ok if I also use the transcode setting *:mp3;320k but it does not work with *:wav. And I have tried Kinsky and Bubble. I'm still using Moode on the PI.

I have a debug log file that I will attempt to attach.

What is your "Playlist" (OpenHome) UPnP renderer.?

Many thanks

Attached File(s)
.txt  chrisjlm minim logfile.txt (Size: 29.3 KB / Downloads: 4)
18-03-2016, 20:16 (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 20:20 by simoncn.)
(18-03-2016 19:18)chrisjlm Wrote:  Hi Simon,

Well interestingly I can stream the BBC streams ok if I also use the transcode setting *:mp3;320k but it does not work with *:wav. And I have tried Kinsky and Bubble. I'm still using Moode on the PI.

I have a debug log file that I will attempt to attach.

What is your "Playlist" (OpenHome) UPnP renderer.?

Many thanks

This log shows MinimServer is sending the WAV stream and the renderer is closing the connection. This usually means the renderer is unable to play the stream for some reason.

Are you using BubbleUPnP Server to "wrap" the Moode renderer? If so, this is further confirmation that the problem is caused by using BubbleUPnP Server as a "wrapper" for the Moode renderer.

The "Playlist" (OpenHome) UPnP renderer is the UPnP renderer that comes as standard with Moode, operating in OpenHome mode (rather than UPnP AV mode). When using Kinsky as the control point, OpenHome mode is displayed as "Playlist".

I am beginning to suspect that the Moode renderer has a problem with WAV streams when it is operating in UPnP AV mode and the problem is occurring because the BubbleUPnP Server wrapper is forcing the renderer to use UPnP AV mode. Without the BubbleUPnP wrapper, the renderer is using OpenHome mode and the problem doesn't occur.
18-03-2016, 20:39
Hi, no I do not (as far as I know) have BubbleUPnP Server in the system.

Just Minim on the NAS 215J and Moode on the PI.
18-03-2016, 20:43
(18-03-2016 20:39)chrisjlm Wrote:  Hi, no I do not (as far as I know) have BubbleUPnP Server in the system.

This is very strange. I am using the same setup and *:wav transcoding is working for me. Which UPnP control point are you using?
18-03-2016, 21:30
I have tried Kinsky and Android BubbleUPnP.

I suspect I have a config setting wrong somewhere
19-03-2016, 01:14
(18-03-2016 20:39)chrisjlm Wrote:  Hi, no I do not (as far as I know) have BubbleUPnP Server in the system.

You’ve got DS215J right? My NAS is a DS114. Perhaps nothing more than a coincidence that the CPU of the DS114 is a Marvell Armada 370 and the DS215J is a Marvell Armada 375….
19-03-2016, 07:03
(19-03-2016 01:14)rich28 Wrote:  You’ve got DS215J right? My NAS is a DS114. Perhaps nothing more than a coincidence that the CPU of the DS114 is a Marvell Armada 370 and the DS215J is a Marvell Armada 375….

My NAS is a DS115 but this will not be relevant to the problem.

Do you have the latest 2.5 version of Moode? If not, please try updating to this version.
19-03-2016, 16:42
I had 2.4 installed and so thought that might be it!

But sadly no. I have installed 2.5 and it is still the same. Works ok with *:mp3;320k but not *:wav

On Minim Properties/System a while back, I think entered a field into what I thought was stream.transcode but it was another filed, I think stream.options. This field is now blank. Is that ok and are there other fields in System that should have specific entries (i.e. the default values)? Stream.converter has ffmpeg in it which I think is correct.

My apologies for taking so much of your time up.
20-03-2016, 22:21
(19-03-2016 16:42)chrisjlm Wrote:  I had 2.4 installed and so thought that might be it!

But sadly no. I have installed 2.5 and it is still the same. Works ok with *:mp3;320k but not *:wav

On Minim Properties/System a while back, I think entered a field into what I thought was stream.transcode but it was another filed, I think stream.options. This field is now blank. Is that ok and are there other fields in System that should have specific entries (i.e. the default values)? Stream.converter has ffmpeg in it which I think is correct.

My apologies for taking so much of your time up.

You should leave stream.options and stream.record blank. The value ffmpeg in stream.converter is fine. I don't have any more ideas to explain why *:wav doesn't work for you but works for me.