Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer won't even start on Windows 10 machine
05-03-2016, 17:53 (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 17:59 by Mike Rubin.)
RE: MinimServer won't even start on Windows 10 machine
I disabled Plex on the desktop and uninstalled it on the Vortexbox, turned off LMS on the desktop and turned off upnp in Vortexbox LMS, disabled Twonky on my NAS, and disabled Bubble Upnp on my phone. The only server choice now available on my controller is Minimserver Vortexbox. I have confirmed that the Minimserver desktop instance says that it also is running and, in fact, just restarted it. The desktop instance still is not available.

Thanks for your help with this. I suspect there's something messed up in my network.

Edit: The desktop Minimserver just popped up on the pick list. No doubt there was a conflict between it and one of the other servers. I guess I will start them back up, one by one, until I can see which conflicts. Thank you again for your help with this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 18:40
Are you running two different MinimServer instances (MinimServer desktop and MinimServer Vortexbox)? Are these running on the same machine?

All MinimServer instances should show immediately, not pop up later. Popping up later is a symptom of a UPnP discovery problem.
05-03-2016, 18:44
No, sorry I was not clearer. The Vortexbox is a totally separate device from the desktop. I have the server and watcher on the desktop Windows 10 machine and, separately, the server on the Vortexbox. (The watcher on the Windows machine controls the server on the Vortexbox.)
05-03-2016, 18:49
(05-03-2016 18:44)Mike Rubin Wrote:  No, sorry I was not clearer. The Vortexbox is a totally separate device from the desktop. I have the server and watcher on the desktop Windows 10 machine and, separately, the server on the Vortexbox. (The watcher on the Windows machine controls the server on the Vortexbox.)

Thanks for the clarification. If UPnP discovery is working correctly, your UPnP control point(s) should see both these MinimServer instances all the time. If the desktop instance is popping up later than the Vortexbox instance, you have a problem with UPnP discovery. How are these two machines connected to your network?