Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BubbleUPnP sometimes doesnt see MS after recent update??
06-02-2016, 23:15 (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 23:21 by tboooe.)
BubbleUPnP sometimes doesnt see MS after recent update??
I am not sure if this is related to the recent update or not but all of a sudden sometimes BubbleUPnP does not see MS on my network. Prior to this update I never had this problem. I can remote desktop into the PC that MS is running on. Also running on that PC is Jplaystreamer which is recognized by BubbleUPnP. Minimwatch running on another PC sees MS running and the logs dont show any errors. A few minutes after starting BubbleUPnP MS eventually shows up sometimes. Other times I have to restart MS. Note that I have 2 other instances of MS running on different devices on my network (Qnap, HTPC) which doesnt have any issues. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2016, 08:15
RE: BubbleUPnP sometimes doesnt see MS after recent update??
(06-02-2016 23:15)tboooe Wrote:  I am not sure if this is related to the recent update or not but all of a sudden sometimes BubbleUPnP does not see MS on my network. Prior to this update I never had this problem. I can remote desktop into the PC that MS is running on. Also running on that PC is Jplaystreamer which is recognized by BubbleUPnP. Minimwatch running on another PC sees MS running and the logs dont show any errors. A few minutes after starting BubbleUPnP MS eventually shows up sometimes. Other times I have to restart MS. Note that I have 2 other instances of MS running on different devices on my network (Qnap, HTPC) which doesnt have any issues. Any ideas?

I am not very keen on MinimServer being abbreviated to MS as this abbreviation is normally used to represent the name of a large software company.

Are the other instances of MinimServer that are discovered by BubbleUPnP also running the latest update? If so, it seems unlikely that the update is causing the problem.

What happens if you do a force-quit of BubbleUPnP (or power off the Android devce) and then restart BubbleUPnP? Does it find all instances of MinimServer immediately?
07-02-2016, 17:08
Sorry about that. If I meant that other company I would have written "M$"

As for the problem, restarting Bubble or any other control point doesn't solve the issue. Minimserver seemingly gets recognized randomly. The Qnap is the most reliable device on my network in terms of always being seen by Bubble. Both PCs are running the latest version of Minimserver. This is hard to diagnose as it doesn't happen all the time. This morning both instances of Minimserver running on the PCs showed up fine. I will continue to monitor to see if I can supply any additional details.
11-02-2016, 21:58
Was updating minimserver the only update in your network? Since a while my naim streamer is found less good than before by bubble upnp. Maybe this has to do with the firmware updated of my wifi access point (asus) or the avm fritz box router.