Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access Minimserver outside my network
05-02-2016, 09:56
Access Minimserver outside my network
Hi,
Minimserver is that great that i miss it when i am not home. I can access my server through internet and as of today i use DS audio to read my music outside home. At home, i use Bubbleupnp and my renderer. Does anyone know how to access minimserver through internet? Once the 9790 port is open, i do not know what app i should use to access music through minimserver rather than Synology mediaserver.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2016, 11:24 (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 13:45 by simoncn.)
RE: Access Minimserver outside my network
(05-02-2016 09:56)Suth Wrote:  Hi,
Minimserver is that great that i miss it when i am not home. I can access my server through internet and as of today i use DS audio to read my music outside home. At home, i use Bubbleupnp and my renderer. Does anyone know how to access minimserver through internet? Once the 9790 port is open, i do not know what app i should use to access music through minimserver rather than Synology mediaserver.
Thanks

How do you set up DS Audio and the Synology media server to do this? Is DS Audio running on your phone or on the Synology?
05-02-2016, 13:43
Thanks

You can use BubbleUPnP Server to access MinimServer remotely and securely, from Android BubbleUPnP.
05-02-2016, 14:27
Thanks

I don't think DS Audio can access music on a UPnP server (including Synology Media Server). It seems that DS Audio can access music only via the file system of the DiskStation.
05-02-2016, 15:13
(05-02-2016 14:27)simoncn Wrote:  
Thanks

I don't think DS Audio can access music on a UPnP server (including Synology Media Server). It seems that DS Audio can access music only via the file system of the DiskStation.
In DS audio, i use a DynDNS domain with the password of my synology. It gives me immediate access to music from anywhere. I use DS audio for music, DS file for files and DS video for video. I look for a player who could use minimserver instead of ds server
05-02-2016, 15:38
(05-02-2016 15:13)Suth Wrote:  In DS audio, i use a DynDNS domain with the password of my synology. It gives me immediate access to music from anywhere. I use DS audio for music, DS file for files and DS video for video. I look for a player who could use minimserver instead of ds server

When you use DS audio to access music, I don't think it is accessing the Synology UPnP Media Server. I think it is using Synology Audio Station to read files directly from the file system of the Synology. This would mean that to get remote access to a UPnP server, you need to use a different app instead of DS Audio. I think your best option is to try bubbleguuum's suggestion.
05-02-2016, 15:41
(05-02-2016 15:13)Suth Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 14:27)simoncn Wrote:  
Thanks

In DS audio, i use a DynDNS domain with the password of my synology. It gives me immediate access to music from anywhere. I use DS audio for music, DS file for files and DS video for video. I look for a player who could use minimserver instead of ds server

When i connect through the DynDNS domain, DS audio shows me the same Library structure as the one i see when i connect on the network at home. There might be something i missed when you say that i can only see the files. At home, i never use the synology Library, i use Minimserver Library, which is 10 times better
05-02-2016, 17:35
(05-02-2016 15:41)Suth Wrote:  When i connect through the DynDNS domain, DS audio shows me the same Library structure as the one i see when i connect on the network at home. There might be something i missed when you say that i can only see the files. At home, i never use the synology Library, i use Minimserver Library, which is 10 times better

I think this is because you are using Synology Audio Station at home, not Synology Media Server. As far as I know, Synology doesn't provide any way to access Synology Media Server remotely.
06-02-2016, 10:41
(05-02-2016 17:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 15:41)Suth Wrote:  When i connect through the DynDNS domain, DS audio shows me the same Library structure as the one i see when i connect on the network at home. There might be something i missed when you say that i can only see the files. At home, i never use the synology Library, i use Minimserver Library, which is 10 times better

I think this is because you are using Synology Audio Station at home, not Synology Media Server. As far as I know, Synology doesn't provide any way to access Synology Media Server remotely.

Ok, you're right. So i have to stick to ds audio library, which is far from being optimal. Thanks