Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
29-07-2021, 12:06
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
Hi airflow, thank you so much for offering to build the ohnet libs.

Could you please give me some pointers as to how to build them myself? This might be useful for the future?

Should I use your scripts on a freebsd install? Or can I compile on linux as well? And should minimserver already be installen?

Thanks again

Daf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2021, 17:04
(29-07-2021 12:06)dafart Wrote:  Could you please give me some pointers as to how to build them myself? This might be useful for the future?

Should I use your scripts on a freebsd install? Or can I compile on linux as well? And should minimserver already be installen?

I don't think it's worth the effort for you to also spend time with this - especially as I'm providing the libs for you anyway. If you're really interested, I will give you some guidelines about how to use the scripts and try to help you, but I suggest that we do this separately on a private channel to keep this thread as on-topic as possible. Please contact me via PM.

For everyone else: I can gladly report that I compiled and prepared the ohnet-libs used in the latest version of MinimServer and made them available at the usual place. :-)
02-08-2021, 19:31
(02-08-2021 17:04)airflow Wrote:  For everyone else: I can gladly report that I compiled and prepared the ohnet-libs used in the latest version of MinimServer and made them available at the usual place. :-)

Thanks very much for doing this.
03-08-2021, 18:56
Dear airflow (ans Simon of course), once again thank you very much.
One of the reason I´d like to try compiling it myself is as a learning experience.
Iĺl keep in touch with you over PM

Thanks again!
17-10-2021, 22:52 (This post was last modified: 18-10-2021 01:00 by imush.)
libm.so.6 not found after upgrade of jail
I upgraded jail and all packages to 12.2-RELEASE-p10

minimserver does not work, and I tried replacing the libohnet zip file with either 3937 or 4280 version from your downloads to no avail.
I am actually not sure if this is from the system upgrade or from the fact that minimserver restarted and tried to upgrade itself.

Any ideas? Do we need a new ohnet compiled?
18-10-2021, 02:16 (This post was last modified: 18-10-2021 02:18 by imush.)
(17-10-2021 22:52)imush Wrote:  I upgraded jail and all packages to 12.2-RELEASE-p10

minimserver does not work, and I tried replacing the libohnet zip file with either 3937 or 4280 version from your downloads to no avail.
I am actually not sure if this is from the system upgrade or from the fact that minimserver restarted and tried to upgrade itself.

Any ideas? Do we need a new ohnet compiled?

Never mind, I managed to fix it. It seems that with an upgrade to version 201, a copy of the distribution Linux ohnet is placed in libext/ directory. Once I replaced that copy, it works. I do not remember this step being necessary before now.
29-12-2021, 13:22 (This post was last modified: 29-12-2021 13:22 by airflow.)
I can report that the latest release of MinimServer, version 2.1, works fine on FreeBSD and can be installed by following the instructions given in this tutorial. The version of ohnet used is still 1.32.4280, which is provided precompiled at the usual place.
10-12-2022, 09:32
I've just installed update 219 on Minimserver 2.1 (hosted in a jail in TrueNAS 13.0-U3) and on the first restart it gave the "libm.so.6 not found" error. I noticed that ohnet was updated from 1.32.4280 to 1.33.4785. I downloaded the re-compiled libraries from "https://kinetoskop.eu/ohnet/" and replaced the original ones in the folder "/root/usr/local/share/minimserver/libext", but the error still occurred. I then tried to rename the old "ohnet(linux-intel)-1.32.4280.zip" (formerly downloaded from "https://kinetoskop.eu/ohnet/") to "ohnet(linux-intel)-1.33.4785.zip" and placed it in "/root/usr/local/share/minimserver/libext". Everything works correctly. I then was also able to successfully apply update 220. Did anyone experience the same situation?
10-12-2022, 10:59
I believe airflow has a version of 1.33.4785 compiled for FreeBSD that works with update 219.

Renaming the 1.32.4280 package to 1.33.4785 is not a good idea (even though it appears to work) because there are changes in 1.33.4785 that are required for some functions in update 219 to work correctly.
10-12-2022, 11:29
(10-12-2022 09:32)alleasca Wrote:  I've just installed update 219 on Minimserver 2.1 (hosted in a jail in TrueNAS 13.0-U3) and on the first restart it gave the "libm.so.6 not found" error. I noticed that ohnet was updated from 1.32.4280 to 1.33.4785. I downloaded the re-compiled libraries from "https://kinetoskop.eu/ohnet/" and replaced the original ones in the folder "/root/usr/local/share/minimserver/libext", but the error still occurred. I then tried to rename the old "ohnet(linux-intel)-1.32.4280.zip" (formerly downloaded from "https://kinetoskop.eu/ohnet/") to "ohnet(linux-intel)-1.33.4785.zip" and placed it in "/root/usr/local/share/minimserver/libext". Everything works correctly. I then was also able to successfully apply update 220. Did anyone experience the same situation?

@alleasca, you did the right steps for successful upgrade of MinimServer to update 219. Please try again. 1) Shutdown MinimServer 2) Replace the zip-file in the libext folder 3) Start MinimServer

That should be it. Let us know how it works.

Perhaps the mistake you did was the same as I did it this time. I didn't shutdown properly MinimServer completely, but instead just copied over the newly compiled lib and then issued a "restart" via the MinimServer command-line. I also had the same error-message you gave above. This is not enough. You have to stop the process completely and start it again (service minimserver stop/start) to trigger the reload of the library.