Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
14-04-2021, 16:08
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
OKay, this is probably a long shot but i've been playing with getting multiple instances running within the same jail so i created two different <minim_home> directories installed, followed the steps in the beginning of this thread, got the first one running, when i tried to start the second one i got the following error:

[root@minim /usr/local/share/MinimClassical]# ./minimserver/bin/startd
MinimServer 2.0.16 update 192, Copyright © 2012-2021 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimServer: ohNet port 9791 is already in use
MinimServer: startup error
[root@minim /usr/local/share/MinimClassical]#

As I understand it from Simon, what should happen is that it minimserver will first use HTTP 9790 & UPnP 9791 on the first instance then on subsequent instances will start on the next available port starting at 9792 and a random UPnP. But i'm guessing the FreeBSD version of the OhNet isn't aligned with getting the next port or its not being passed into OhNet properly. Is this correct? Is there any hope in getting this fixed?
I'm guessing a better course of action on this maybe to either do multiple Jails, or run this within a VM using a different distribution of Linux.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD - seanshankus - 14-04-2021 16:08