Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
16-02-2021, 22:08
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
It looks like the isWireless function contains Linux-specific code. To work around this, you could add !defined(PLATFORM_FREEBSD) to line 1364.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2021, 23:11
(16-02-2021 22:08)simoncn Wrote:  It looks like the isWireless function contains Linux-specific code. To work around this, you could add !defined(PLATFORM_FREEBSD) to line 1364.

I assume you are referring to file Os/Posix/Os.c in ohnet version 1.30.3937.

If yes, I don't understand because line 1364 contains:

Code:
1363     struct ifaddrs* networkIf;
1364     struct ifaddrs* iter;
1365     int32_t includeLoopback = 1;

I assume you mean the beginning of the "isWireless"-function? That would be line 1318, correct?

Code:
1318 static int32_t isWireless(const char* ifname)
1319 {
16-02-2021, 23:23
Apologies, I was looking at the latest source on GitHub. In 1.30.3937, you need to change line 1320 from

#if !defined(PLATFORM_MACOSX_GNU) && !defined(PLATFORM_QNAP)

to

#if !defined(PLATFORM_MACOSX_GNU) && !defined(PLATFORM_QNAP) && !defined(PLATFORM_FREEBSD)
17-02-2021, 18:25
(16-02-2021 23:23)simoncn Wrote:  Apologies, I was looking at the latest source on GitHub. In 1.30.3937, you need to change line 1320 from

#if !defined(PLATFORM_MACOSX_GNU) && !defined(PLATFORM_QNAP)

to

#if !defined(PLATFORM_MACOSX_GNU) && !defined(PLATFORM_QNAP) && !defined(PLATFORM_FREEBSD)

Excellent! Thanks to your input I managed to finish compilation. I already created the zip-file with the new libraries in the same way like in the past and put them on the existing place to download here.

I couldn't test it with MinimServer 2 yet, but will do this as soon as possible. I decided to provide it right now, perhaps @abooker or @seanshankus want to try it out right now. When I have successfully tested the new libs with the current version of MinimServer, I will also create a new step-by-step for interested FreeBSD-users, perhaps I can simplify a bit (eventually in a new thread).
19-02-2021, 00:00
Brilliant @airflow. I have copied your freshly compiled ohnet(linux-intel)-1.30.3937.zip over the top of the renamed older version, restarted the jail, and it seems to be working fine. Many thanks.

I am currently running FreeNAS-11.3-U5 but will update to TrueNAS-12 (along with the jail) in the near future and will report back.
19-02-2021, 11:52
(19-02-2021 00:00)abooker Wrote:  Brilliant @airflow. I have copied your freshly compiled ohnet(linux-intel)-1.30.3937.zip over the top of the renamed older version, restarted the jail, and it seems to be working fine. Many thanks.

I am currently running FreeNAS-11.3-U5 but will update to TrueNAS-12 (along with the jail) in the near future and will report back.

I am glad it works for you. In the meanwhile, I have also tested the updated libraries in my setup together with MinimServer 2 and can also confirm it works fine so far.

I updated the step-by-step guide at the beginning of this thread to reflect the changes due to the changed behaviour of MinimServer 2.

So that should be it for now - MinimServer 2 is fully available for FreeBSD-users, too. Feel free to ping me when a new version of ohNet is being used by MinimServer, then I will provide the updated binaries for FreeBSD as well again (sometimes I don't notice this immediately).