Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
22-06-2020, 09:46 (This post was last modified: 22-06-2020 09:50 by Hibiki.)
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
Hi all,

I'm using FreeNAS 11.3-U3.1.
I created a Jail by following the tutorial provided by airflow (and improved for the automatic startup by imush).
For the dependencies, I use pkg install and it works perfectly.

I confirm I have the same error message when I type "service minimserver start":
Code:
Starting minimserver.
Failed to start MinimServer

However it starts anyway Angel

By typing "service minimserver stop", it works perfectly.

I also confirm that out of the Jail, by doing iocage stop Minimserver (my Jail's name) and the iocage start Minimserver, it works well!

I notice something:
When I'm in /usr/local/share and I typed "minimserver/bin/startc", I have no error message.
When I typed "minimserver/bin/startd", I got the "Failed to start MinimServer" but it started anyway.

So it confirms as Simoncn said that it is linked to startd script.

I didn't bring anything here... Except that I confirm to have the same issue Tongue
And I would like to thank all for their effort on FreeNAS (FreeBSD) for making MinimServer alive!

I have a question about several instances of MinimServer (one for Classical, one for other genres and one for "garbage / to be tagged"):
Do I have to follow a Linux thread on this topic?
Is there any restriction on FreeNAS (FreeBSD) to use the same Jail for having multiple MinimServer instances?

I will try to make it alive Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD - Hibiki - 22-06-2020 09:46