Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
18-07-2017, 23:32
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD
(18-07-2017 21:58)airflow Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 21:17)lostinsound Wrote:  I haven't been able to get this to work following the steps given. It appears that when I do step 9 it crashes before it updates the ohnet file.

In this case it seems you haven't properly copied the file over the original. Can you confirm you did that?

Quote:For step 2, can the dependencies be installed using pkg to install the packages or are you supposed to do a full 'make install clean' on all of them in the portsnap folder. I really hope that isn't the case because the ffmpeg clean install takes hours on my machine and the java install ran for hours and hours and never finished because I killed it after it looked like it was in an infinite loop. I love this server and would really like to have it on my NAS so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I guess it's also possible to install the dependencies via different means (pkg), but I haven't tested it that way.

Yes I replaced the ohnet(linux-x64)-1.6.1919.zip file in the jail with the file of the same name from the link, then I start the server and it crashes. But step 10 says "This is necessary because the update-procedure has yet added another updated but incompatible zip-file with a new, higher version-number. " This doesn't seem to happen for me, because the ohnet file in the jail is still exactly the same as the one I copied to it in step 8.

So you installed the dependencies using 'make install clean' in portsnap and not using pkg? And you were able to install java? I couldn't get it to work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Installing MinimServer on FreeNAS or FreeBSD - lostinsound - 18-07-2017 23:32