Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver Download
10-01-2016, 13:52
Minimserver Download
Quick Q: is the download server down? I've had to uninstall my copy of minimserver on my DS 212J because I just couldn't find minimstreamer on my minimwatch. I thought I would uninstall and start from scratch. However the server seems offline. Has it moved? Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 16:28
RE: Minimserver Download
(10-01-2016 13:52)kiats Wrote:  Quick Q: is the download server down? I've had to uninstall my copy of minimserver on my DS 212J because I just couldn't find minimstreamer on my minimwatch. I thought I would uninstall and start from scratch. However the server seems offline. Has it moved? Thanks!

The download server seems to be working OK for me now. Please let me know if you are still having problems.

For future reference, it isn't a good idea to uninstall MinimServer when something isn't working correctly. This is very unlikely to fix the problem you are having.

I have noticed some problems with my hosting server today. I think the problems you have experienced are related to this issue.
10-01-2016, 16:33
(10-01-2016 16:28)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 13:52)kiats Wrote:  Quick Q: is the download server down? I've had to uninstall my copy of minimserver on my DS 212J because I just couldn't find minimstreamer on my minimwatch. I thought I would uninstall and start from scratch. However the server seems offline. Has it moved? Thanks!

The download server seems to be working OK for me now. Please let me know if you are still having problems.

For future reference, it isn't a good idea to uninstall MinimServer when something isn't working correctly. This is very unlikely to fix the problem you are having.

I have noticed some problems with my hosting server today. I think the problems you have experienced are related to this issue.

Thanks, Simon. It was an impulsive act. Smile will check on the server.
10-01-2016, 16:37
Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message that the server is not responding...
10-01-2016, 16:44
(10-01-2016 16:37)kiats Wrote:  Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message that the server is not responding...

Thanks for the quick reply!

What exactly are you doing when you get this message?
10-01-2016, 16:54
(10-01-2016 16:44)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 16:37)kiats Wrote:  Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message that the server is not responding...

Thanks for the quick reply!

What exactly are you doing when you get this message?

I just click on the link on the download page, which redirects me to the "jminim.com" server.

I do this only once my MacBook Air has finished starting up. I use Safari.

Tomorrow morning I'll try again from my Windows laptop in the office and see if I fare better.

Simon, quick question: when does one get to decide if one wants minimstreamer to be installed as well? Only from minimwatch? I am running two minimserver on 2 NAS and on each Synology via minimwatch, I don't see minimstreamer as an option. I had read the other threads on where to find minimstreamer.

Thanks for your patience.
10-01-2016, 17:03 (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 17:09 by simoncn.)
(10-01-2016 16:54)kiats Wrote:  I just click on the link on the download page, which redirects me to the "jminim.com" server.

Which link?

Clicking on any of these links should produce a pop-up asking you about donations. Do you see this?

What happens after you are redirected to jminim.com? Can you attach a screenshot showing the error message?

Quote:Simon, quick question: when does one get to decide if one wants minimstreamer to be installed as well? Only from minimwatch? I am running two minimserver on 2 NAS and on each Synology via minimwatch, I don't see minimstreamer as an option. I had read the other threads on where to find minimstreamer.

Thanks for your patience.

If the download server is working correctly, you should see MinimStreamer as an installable package on the Packages tab of the Properties dialog that you can display from the MinimWatch minim icon.
11-01-2016, 01:05
Thanks, Simon. I've managed to download the .spk for Synology DS212J. Thanks for your patient guidance.