Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry...moderator please remove
30-12-2015, 18:40 (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 19:26 by tboooe.)
Sorry...moderator please remove
deleted....please remove and I apologize for the confusion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2015, 19:22
RE: Running Minimserver on QNAP vs dedicated PC..difference in sound?
(30-12-2015 18:40)tboooe Wrote:  I have been running Minimserver on a dedicated control PC in a 2 pc Jplay setup for a while now and really like the sound I am getting. My only complaint is having to wait 5-10 min for Minimserver to complete its cache scan every time I power up my system. To eliminate this wait I decided to get a small QNAP TS-113 single disk NAS to run Minimserver. I also want to reduce as much CPU load a possible on this pc though I know streaming and transcoding music uses up very little processing power. I intend to power QNAP with a linear power supply and keep it on 24/7.

My concern is that moving Minimserver from my dedicated and optimized pc (Audiophile Optimizer, Jplay, Fidelizer, linear power supply, etc) to the QNAP will change the sound. I have already compared running Minimserver on another ATOM based generic PC I have and the sound was definitely different. So my question is, for those who moved from having Minimserver run on their to PC to a QNAP, did you experience any change in sound?

I see you have made another recent post to a different thread that is almost exactly the same as this post. This isn't good practice because it can create a confusing situation where discussion on this topic happens on both threads at the same time and is therefore difficult for people to follow.

Please decide which thread you would like to use for this discussion and modify one of your posts to cross-reference the other thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply