Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha CRX-N560D and BBC High Definition Streams
27-12-2015, 11:19
Yamaha CRX-N560D and BBC High Definition Streams
Hi Simon,

An update following on from my previous stream regarding my Roberts Radio Stream 93i and my (at that time) future plan to attempt to use the same solution to stream the better quality BBC radio streams to a Yamaha Media Server.

Yamaha model is a CRX-N560D (£250 from Peter Tyson) and the streams work fine - definite improvement over the lower bitrate MP3 streams available via the internet radio mode of the Yamaha.

Changed nothing from the final setup in my last thread - transcoding set as *:L16 - haven't tried any different settings as it works fine and this works with the Roberts radio as well.

Might have a play to see if the Yamaha can take the streams without transcoding... but I very much doubt it.

So - excellent solution and the sound quality is spot on - crystal clear, good bass (maybe slightly less deep compared to FLAC files) but very easy on the ear - great to listen to.

Just of info - using the Yamaha with a pair of Q Acoustic 2010i speakers.

Have a question regarding the Yamaha "finding" the MinimServer - but will raise this in the forum for the streamer.

Happy new year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2015, 22:26
RE: Yamaha CRX-N560D and BBC High Definition Streams
I'm pleased to hear that MinimServer/MinimStreamer is working well with your Yamaha player.

Happy New Year!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply