Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC HLS Radio Streams
03-04-2016, 09:00
RE: BBC HLS Radio Streams
(02-04-2016 10:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 09:56)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Yes, still showing as 'empty'. If I pm'd you my email, could you send me the playlist exactly as it should be, format / file type etc. that you know works? Then I could put that in my BBC radio folder. My radio is finding Minimserver / BBC radio / playlist / empty.

I have attached a copy of the sample playlist (with the correct .m3u filetype) to this post.

Ok saved that in my BBC Radio folder (replaced what was in there) - still empty?

Perhaps it just doesn't work on my radio?Undecided

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 09:31 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 09:50 by hifih66.)
(03-04-2016 09:00)RobertsRevival Wrote:  [quote='simoncn' pid='20652' dateline='1459588752']
[quote='RobertsRevival' pid='20647' dateline='1459587388']

Perhaps it just doesn't work on my radio?Undecided

As my radio also doesn't "see" playlists only containing radio streams I have been doing some testing this morning.

I consulted the Radio handbook which only referred to playing music tracks.(Edit: In the Music Player mode.)

I tried various permutations of creating m3u and pls playlists containg radio streams none of which could be "seen" by the radio.

I then created a playlist with a single music track which was instantly recognised by the Music Player menu setting and played.

(I hadn't used my radio in this mode before and had no reason to test it).

I therefore conclude that the Reciva based radios are meant only to play radio streams through the Internet Radio menu item and trying to discover the playlist through the Music Player menu item is not meant to happen.

Refering this to RR's problem I conclude that there is something wrong with your Frontier Silicon "My Added Stations Entries" and although you have shown me these before I suspect there is something wrong. The only things that jump to mind immediately is that you have used the IP address of the radio instead of the Windows Server or that there is a firewall issue somewhere.

I've attached a copy of my test track playlist file so that you can adapt and verify that your Music Player menu item is working. If this proves to be the case I would concentrate on the paragraph above for a resolution to your problem.

Hope you eventually get this resolved.

Attached File(s)
.m3u  Test Track.m3u (Size: 67 bytes / Downloads: 12)
03-04-2016, 09:51 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 09:59 by RobertsRevival.)
Ok a couple of developments this morning:

I have a steam-driven Freecom MusicPal. When I look at Media Player on there I can find minimserver / play list - then a full list of the stations from the m3u file. It still won't play them (just sits on connecting forever). But at least it proves (I guess) that the playlist is not "empty".

Second thing is that I notice VLC player will open and play these streams on my PC, so in theory I should be able to "play to" my devices. Unfortunately the play to is not working (on my Roberts or the MusicPal) on my pc it says failed to retrieve media information from the media server. But I guess I'm venturing off-thread now, so I'd better go find a VLC forum!Big Grin

Edit - I can however, play any music file from my pc via play to???

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
04-04-2016, 09:15
Hi
Ive not read the whole thread so hope I'm not repeating anyone else. I have a Roberts Stream 93i and its working perfectly with minimserver/streamer. It wont read the play list, so I have used the "add a station" function on the Silicon Frontier portal. I just copy the local url for each stream on my network and give it an appropriate name. It then appears in the "My added stations" menu on the radio and I assign a preset. Works absolutely fine.
Your radio has the same chipset as the 93i so I'm sure this will work for you too.

Good luck

Rob

Streaming from a Synology 1511+ to a Cyrus Stream XP2 QX, 2x Roberts 93i, A Revo Superconnect, a Mede8er 600 3D and a few Squeezeboxes thrown in!
05-04-2016, 18:30
(04-04-2016 09:15)robt Wrote:  Hi
Ive not read the whole thread so hope I'm not repeating anyone else. I have a Roberts Stream 93i and its working perfectly with minimserver/streamer. It wont read the play list, so I have used the "add a station" function on the Silicon Frontier portal. I just copy the local url for each stream on my network and give it an appropriate name. It then appears in the "My added stations" menu on the radio and I assign a preset. Works absolutely fine.
Your radio has the same chipset as the 93i so I'm sure this will work for you too.

Good luck

Rob

Hi RobT - yes that's what I'm attempting. I've added the URLs (including my IP address) to SF and called each station it's name according to all the advice above. I can find the appropriate entry on my radio (my added stations) but it just won't play them.Sad

05-04-2016, 19:44
Hi

Heres the entry I added to SF under added stations

http://192.168.0.18:9790/minimstreamer/*/RP and the type I selected was mp3 (although it isnt but it works!)

The corresponding entry in my minimstreamer .m3u file is

#EXTINF:-1,[*RP] Radio Paradise HD
http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/aac-320

It appears in my added stations on the Roberts and plays fine. I've also just checked and I can navigate through the file browser to the playlist and select it from there to.

I can send you a copy of the .m3u file which includes all the BBC HLS streams if it will help. Have you set the correct path to the file container via minimwatch? Just a thought...

Also, if the radio finds the entry but doesn't play the stream, I have the following entry in stream transcode in settings
flac:wav/L16,*:wav (not sure if the Roberts can play the native stream format)

Good luck

Rob

Streaming from a Synology 1511+ to a Cyrus Stream XP2 QX, 2x Roberts 93i, A Revo Superconnect, a Mede8er 600 3D and a few Squeezeboxes thrown in!
07-04-2016, 10:17
(05-04-2016 19:44)robt Wrote:  Hi

http://192.168.0.18:9790/minimstreamer/*/RP and the type I selected was mp3 (although it isnt but it works!)

It appears in my added stations on the Roberts and plays fine. I've also just checked and I can navigate through the file browser to the playlist and select it from there to.

I can send you a copy of the .m3u file which includes all the BBC HLS streams if it will help. Have you set the correct path to the file container via minimwatch? Just a thought...

Also, if the radio finds the entry but doesn't play the stream, I have the following entry in stream transcode in settings

Good luck

Rob

Many thanks Rob. At least I've got something different I can try. I'll have a go later! Smile

07-04-2016, 17:10

Good luck

Rob

Ok I tried adding the Stream transode stuff but I get an error message (see 1st attachment). I've also attached the FS / URL, can you spot any issue there?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-04-2016, 17:23 (This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 17:47 by simoncn.)
(07-04-2016 17:10)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Ok I tried adding the Stream transode stuff but I get an error message (see 1st attachment). I've also attached the FS / URL, can you spot any issue there?

The *:wav option requires the ffmpeg program to be installed and accessible to MinimStreamer. You can download a Windows static version of ffmpeg from this website. To make ffmpeg accessible to MinimStreamer, you can either put the ffmpeg.exe file in a folder that is listed in the PATH environment variable or you can enter the full path of the ffmpeg.exe file in the stream.converter property.
07-04-2016, 17:25

Good luck

Rob

Your ref to minimwatch above is unexpected. I was under the impression (from the instructions) that you don't need that if you're using a PC?