Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC HLS Radio Streams
28-03-2016, 12:29
RE: BBC HLS Radio Streams
(28-03-2016 12:15)RobertsRevival Wrote:  my radio is now recognising a playlist. Can I get rid of the .txt file? (there was no playlist when only this file was there).

Ok got rid of the txt file. The radio is still "seeing" a playlist but it is "empty".

On the radio I go to Music player-shared media-Minimserver, then I see 3 choices:

1 item Music file (this is a test file I added in a separate folder just to check that my radio is communicating with Minimserver).

1 Playlist - BBC Radio-Empty

Folder view - BBC Radio-Empty?

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 15:43
(28-03-2016 12:29)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Ok got rid of the txt file. The radio is still "seeing" a playlist but it is "empty".

On the radio I go to Music player-shared media-Minimserver, then I see 3 choices:

1 item Music file (this is a test file I added in a separate folder just to check that my radio is communicating with Minimserver).

The playlist should not be empty. Are there any error messages in the Minimserver log?
28-03-2016, 15:58
(28-03-2016 15:43)simoncn Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 12:29)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Ok got rid of the txt file. The radio is still "seeing" a playlist but it is "empty".

The playlist should not be empty. Are there any error messages in the Minimserver log?

Nope see attached...Huh

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein
28-03-2016, 17:07 (This post was last modified: 28-03-2016 17:07 by simoncn.)
(28-03-2016 15:58)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Nope see attached...Huh

Please set the logging level to Verbose and then click Rescan, then post the log output.
29-03-2016, 06:36
(28-03-2016 17:07)simoncn Wrote:  

Please set the logging level to Verbose and then click Rescan, then post the log output.

On my Revo (Reciva) I access the BBC streams from the:

"Internet Radio/Station List/My Added Stations"

menu item. This works.

Not the

"Music Player"

menu item which behave the same as RR's.

YMMV
01-04-2016, 18:53
(29-03-2016 06:36)hifih66 Wrote:  

On my Revo (Reciva) I access the BBC streams from the:

"Internet Radio/Station List/My Added Stations"

menu item. This works.

Not the

"Music Player"

menu item which behave the same as RR's.

YMMV

Sorry guys, not had chance to get back to this until now. In reply to 'hifih66' yes sorry, bit misleading that. I was advised up-thread, that if I looked in Music Player I could at least see if my radio was communicating with Minimserver which it is). I access the stations in the way you suggest but it just won't play these streams for some reason. All very frustrating.Big Grin

01-04-2016, 18:56

There you go. Any good?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-04-2016, 19:01
(01-04-2016 18:56)RobertsRevival Wrote:  There you go. Any good?

This log looks OK. Are you now seeing the contents of the playlist if you look under "Music Player"? If you are seeing the playlist but it is showing as empty, there might be a problem with the contents of the playlist.
02-04-2016, 09:56
(01-04-2016 19:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 18:56)RobertsRevival Wrote:  There you go. Any good?

This log looks OK. Are you now seeing the contents of the playlist if you look under "Music Player"? If you are seeing the playlist but it is showing as empty, there might be a problem with the contents of the playlist.

Yes, still showing as 'empty'. If I pm'd you my email, could you send me the playlist exactly as it should be, format / file type etc. that you know works? Then I could put that in my BBC radio folder. My radio is finding Minimserver / BBC radio / playlist / empty.

02-04-2016, 10:19
(02-04-2016 09:56)RobertsRevival Wrote:  Yes, still showing as 'empty'. If I pm'd you my email, could you send me the playlist exactly as it should be, format / file type etc. that you know works? Then I could put that in my BBC radio folder. My radio is finding Minimserver / BBC radio / playlist / empty.

I have attached a copy of the sample playlist (with the correct .m3u filetype) to this post.

Attached File(s)
.m3u  BBC Radio.m3u (Size: 1.59 KB / Downloads: 18)