Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HLS / .ts can't get to play
18-12-2015, 17:48
RE: HLS / .ts can't get to play
(18-12-2015 16:51)drdr Wrote:  Thanks.. is there a way of hiding the "extra" streams so that I don't see them when choosing which stream to play?

Thanks

No, but this shouldn't be a problem if you make a separate playlist just for the 10 instances of this station.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 20:08
Thanks again!
18-12-2015, 22:53
(18-12-2015 20:08)drdr Wrote:  Thanks again!

Another thought: a playlist can contain other playlists, so you could make the 10-stream playlist a sub-playlist of the master radio playlist that you use to select a radio station.
03-02-2016, 18:10 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 07:52 by simoncn.)
(17-12-2015 13:33)simoncn Wrote:  I have looked at these logs and I can see the cause of the problem.

MinimStreamer is stopping the stream because it has attempted to write data to the socket connection to the player and the player hasn't read this data from the socket connection within 2 seconds.

This 2-second timeout was added a long time ago to solve some other issues. It works OK when the network stream is a continuous flow of bytes but it can cause problems when the network stream consists of HLS packets.

It should be possible for me to implement a solution but there is no immediate fix or workaround that I can provide. The only workaround at present would be for the player to use a larger buffer so that it can read the data from the socket connection before MinimStreamer triggers its 2-second timeout.

The Connection: close or Connection: keep-alive setting is not relevant to this issue.

There is a change in MinimStreamer 0.5.22 to fix this timeout problem when sending audio data to the renderer. The change disables live stream sharing and removes the 2-second timeout.

I hope to enable live stream sharing again at some point in the future but this will require major rework and is not likely to happen in the short to medium term.
04-02-2016, 00:09
Thanks again.!