Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log error, mystery tags
03-12-2015, 22:52
RE: Log error, mystery tags
(03-12-2015 22:29)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 21:35)Phydeaux Wrote:  Lol! True enough... I should have been more descriptive in my original post. Nowhere does " Derek And The Dominos" exist in any of the files extended attributes, nor does any reference to "disk 1" or "disk 2". They DID exist previously, but I removed them and only "Derek and the Dominos" now exists.

I have restarted the server a number of times, even disabled and reenabled it on the ReadyNAS if that makes any difference. Seems like a cache issue to my inexperienced mind but all of the other myriad of changes I made to other files seemed to be accepted without further warnings in the log.

Cheers,
RLW

"disc 1" and "disc 2" refer to the two discs in the multidisc album "Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs".

You can get cache problems if your tagging program doesn't change the file timestamp when you update a tag. (This is an option with some tagging programs.) MinimServer detects that a file has changed by looking at the file's timestamp and length. If these haven't changed since the cache entry was created, MinimServer uses the cache entry. To force MinimServer to ignore all cache entries and completely rebuild the cache, you can set the startupScan property to 'full' and restart MinimServer.

There is my " ah-HA!!" moment. Thank you very much Simon, this was indeed my problem. I forced a full rescan and all is well. Now back to standardizing my files... and I'll check PuddleTag for a timestamp setting.

Cheers,
RLW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Log error, mystery tags - Phydeaux - 03-12-2015, 20:13
RE: Log error, mystery tags - simoncn - 03-12-2015, 21:20
RE: Log error, mystery tags - simoncn - 03-12-2015, 22:29
RE: Log error, mystery tags - Phydeaux - 03-12-2015 22:52