Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
items queue appearing twice
01-12-2015, 12:51 (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 12:52 by Nothung.)
items queue appearing twice
I have been using the Cambridge Connect as a control point for MinimServer - I find that in Folder View if I play an album or add it to the queue the tracks appear twice i.e. album with 4 tracks will load as 8 tracks with the 1st track appearing again as track 5. This doesn't happen when playing or adding the same album to the queue from Artist or when using DiskStation.
After some searching on the forum and amateur dabbling with MinimServer properties I found that removing tag view by setting showExtras to 'false' stopped the items being added twice. However I had to clear the tagFormat field and modify the tagCustom field to prevent an error message which I wasn't comfortable with.
I like using Folder View as it suits how my music is organised. Is there a better way to resolve this problem of double entry of items?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 13:56
RE: items queue appearing twice
(01-12-2015 12:51)Nothung Wrote:  I have been using the Cambridge Connect as a control point for MinimServer - I find that in Folder View if I play an album or add it to the queue the tracks appear twice i.e. album with 4 tracks will load as 8 tracks with the 1st track appearing again as track 5. This doesn't happen when playing or adding the same album to the queue from Artist or when using DiskStation.
After some searching on the forum and amateur dabbling with MinimServer properties I found that removing tag view by setting showExtras to 'false' stopped the items being added twice. However I had to clear the tagFormat field and modify the tagCustom field to prevent an error message which I wasn't comfortable with.
I like using Folder View as it suits how my music is organised. Is there a better way to resolve this problem of double entry of items?

It sounds like the Cambridge Connect control point isn't compatible with showExtras.

Setting showExtras to false shouldn't require you to modify any other properties. What error messages did you get when you did this?
01-12-2015, 16:14
(01-12-2015 13:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 12:51)Nothung Wrote:  I have been using the Cambridge Connect as a control point for MinimServer - I find that in Folder View if I play an album or add it to the queue the tracks appear twice i.e. album with 4 tracks will load as 8 tracks with the 1st track appearing again as track 5. This doesn't happen when playing or adding the same album to the queue from Artist or when using DiskStation.

It sounds like the Cambridge Connect control point isn't compatible with showExtras.

Setting showExtras to false shouldn't require you to modify any other properties. What error messages did you get when you did this?
01-12-2015, 16:28
Hi Simon the error message was from MinimWatch when I clicked rescan MinimWatch went red so it didn't get as far as Cambridge Connect, its difficult to remember but I think the message in MinimWatch referred to Composer... not found and when I removed the part of the tagCustom string after {artist} I got a further Error which was about Conductor... so I removed the whole of the string in tagFormat then MinimServer accepted a rescan. I should add that I had also set indexTags to Artist, Genre which is all I want to have displayed and I don't know whether that is a factor.
Cambridge Connect now plays ok with Folder View and doesn't load duplicate tracks in the player though it messed up my folder art a bit and it took a few reloads to get it back to normal.
01-12-2015, 16:35
(01-12-2015 16:28)Nothung Wrote:  Hi Simon the error message was from MinimWatch when I clicked rescan MinimWatch went red so it didn't get as far as Cambridge Connect, its difficult to remember but I think the message in MinimWatch referred to Composer... not found and when I removed the part of the tagCustom string after {artist} I got a further Error which was about Conductor... so I removed the whole of the string in tagFormat then MinimServer accepted a rescan. I should add that I had also set indexTags to Artist, Genre which is all I want to have displayed and I don't know whether that is a factor.
Cambridge Connect now plays ok with Folder View and doesn't load duplicate tracks in the player though it messed up my folder art a bit and it took a few reloads to get it back to normal.

Thanks for letting me know. The errors you had were caused by your changes to indexTags, not showExtras. As MinimServer is now doing what you want, you can leave things as they are.
01-12-2015, 18:12
(01-12-2015 16:35)simoncn Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 16:28)Nothung Wrote:  Hi Simon the error message was from MinimWatch when I clicked rescan MinimWatch went red so it didn't get as far as Cambridge Connect, its difficult to remember but I think the message in MinimWatch referred to Composer... not found and when I removed the part of the tagCustom string after {artist} I got a further Error which was about Conductor... so I removed the whole of the string in tagFormat then MinimServer accepted a rescan. I should add that I had also set indexTags to Artist, Genre which is all I want to have displayed and I don't know whether that is a factor.

Thanks for letting me know. The errors you had were caused by your changes to indexTags, not showExtras. As MinimServer is now doing what you want, you can leave things as they are.
Great many thanks Simon.
02-12-2015, 00:40
(01-12-2015 18:12)Nothung Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 16:35)simoncn Wrote:  

Great many thanks Simon.

I have tried this with showExtras enabled, loading from Folder View, some albums were added twice other albums 20 times!.
What exactly is showExtras ment to do?
Since I hardly ever use Folder View I never noticed this, but using the connect app I also have problems with tracks added multiple times .
This behaviour seems to occur random.
Anyone (Cambridge Audio owners ) recognizing this?

Peter.
02-12-2015, 10:21
(02-12-2015 00:40)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I have tried this with showExtras enabled, loading from Folder View, some albums were added twice other albums 20 times!.
Since I hardly ever use Folder View I never noticed this, but using the connect app I also have problems with tracks added multiple times .

Peter.

You can find an explanation of showExtras in this section. If you set showExtras to false, does this solve the problems you are seeing with tracks and albums being duplicated?
02-12-2015, 23:09 (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 23:10 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(02-12-2015 10:21)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 00:40)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I have tried this with showExtras enabled, loading from Folder View, some albums were added twice other albums 20 times!.

Peter.

You can find an explanation of showExtras in this section. If you set showExtras to false, does this solve the problems you are seeing with tracks and albums being duplicated?
If I set showExtras to false, using Folder View, no tracks/albums are duplicated (yet).
Normally I have alfagrouping enabled and disabling showExtras seems to be a bad idea, since this blocking the way to view all albums ,artists etc..
Adding tracks multiple times does happen sometimes,not always (not using Folder View) and is as far I have noticed not related to a specific action.
I have done some testing yesterday and seems to me there is a relation between the album and how many times it gets duplicated.(using Folder View)
One album did load repetitively 20 times whilst another did just twice.
Could there be some information on these albums that could trigger this behaviour?

Peter.
02-12-2015, 23:21 (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 23:39 by simoncn.)
(02-12-2015 23:09)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  If I set showExtras to false, using Folder View, no tracks/albums are duplicated (yet).
Normally I have alfagrouping enabled and disabling showExtras seems to be a bad idea, since this blocking the way to view all albums ,artists etc..
Adding tracks multiple times does happen sometimes,not always (not using Folder View) and is as far I have noticed not related to a specific action.
I have done some testing yesterday and seems to me there is a relation between the album and how many times it gets duplicated.(using Folder View)
One album did load repetitively 20 times whilst another did just twice.
Could there be some information on these albums that could trigger this behaviour?

Peter.

The '>> Tag View' link from folder view opens up the possibility of an arbitrary number of duplicates (when using an incompatible control point) depending on how the album is tagged. The only way to prevent this is by disabling showExtras to remove the '>> Tag View' link.

Other cases of duplication (not from folder view) will have a similar cause, triggered by one of the other three bullet points in this section. The only way to ensure you have no duplicates (when using an incompatible control point) is to set showExtras to false.