Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indexes and Groups query - [Solved]
30-11-2015, 17:56
RE: Indexes and Groups query - [Solved]
(30-11-2015 17:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 16:27)Pastim Wrote:  I don't use them myself, having an aversion to being dependent on the Internet and being too mean to pay regular subscriptions. However, other uses report both stream Plugins also work with the LMS-to-UPnP plugin. There's also another plugin called ickStream that I tested for a while for such things during a free test period. This attempts to merge access to many different sources.

When using the LMS-to-UPnP bridge the UPnP renderer just appears as an LMS player (as any other Logitech player). No other CP is required.

When testing I used the LMS web GUI with the appropriate stream plugin, to select the music I wanted to play. I didn't need any other UPnP Control Point.

Thanks again! From this, it sounds like the LMS-to-UPnP bridge allows a UPnP renderer to be controlled with the LMS player. Do you happen to know whether the reverse is possible, i.e., for a UPnP control point to access the LMS server as if it were a UPnP server?
There is a rather basic LMS UPnP media server, as a plugin, which I gave up on some time ago. I used to use it for the small number of movies and photos that I have to show on my TV. I changed to minidlna for that purpose, so as to concentrate LMS solely on music. The plugin also supposedly made Logitech players appear as UPnP renderers, but I never tried that feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 28-11-2015, 13:18
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 28-11-2015, 14:30
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 28-11-2015, 21:22
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 29-11-2015, 10:18
RE: Indexes and Groups query - Pastim - 29-11-2015, 10:56
RE: Indexes and Groups query - [Solved] - Pastim - 30-11-2015 17:56